PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Puratec 100 gpd problem -a ? for anyone who owns one.

andestang
06-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Just wondering for anyone who owns a Purtex 100 gpd unit with booster pump/TDS meter if they have any issues with their middle canister developing air inside. I've changed the complete housing/lines assembly with no difference. Here's a pic. One reason why I like clear canister housings, can see whats going on. Also included a pic of how UPS hand delivered the warranty part, the canister wasn't even in its plastic bubble wrap anymore, just adds to why I despise them. Anyways just checking if anyone else has this issue.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/andestang/IMG_1323.jpg

this is what the warranty parcel looked like when hand delivered from UPS

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/andestang/IMG_1396.jpg

bignose
06-21-2010, 01:52 AM
I have the same unit and I just checked mine. My middle canister is full but my DI canister doesn't fill. Not sure whats going on so I'll email vertex and post back with a answer.

dreef
06-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Nope not that cartridge,but the first one,the di resin was like that for a few weeks.It gradually filled closer to the top,and they all remain full now.Don't know why your is like that,i really like the unit,tho.

bkelly
06-21-2010, 02:29 AM
when I got mine two canisters had hairline cracks on the top edge that caused it to leak/drip and at that time the middle canister would not stay full after cycling - they replaced it with new canisters and no leak and all canisters are full when its not running. I think it was a pressure loss from the leak that caused the drop in water level in the canister -just a guess.

bignose
06-28-2010, 03:36 AM
funny I never got a reply go figure.

Eric@LI
06-28-2010, 04:00 AM
If the carbon is not filling that there is an issue with either your carbon filter or your sediment filter and this is restricting the water flow. The DI that they use has to get super saturated and this will happen in a week to a month normally and then the di canister should run full. Not to worry its still doing its job either way. Hope that helps.

mike31154
06-28-2010, 03:53 PM
My DI housing never runs full over a year of use now. Other housings are always full. If your center cartridge is carbon, it should be full and also should be black?

bignose
06-29-2010, 12:43 AM
It's been about 5 months with my di canister and still not filled. Anyways it's still running great at 0ppt