PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Koralia Evo Pumps on a Neptune Apex?

viperfish
06-20-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm trying to set up my Koralia Evolution powerheads as a wavemaker on my Neptune Apex. My problem is the OSC command works fine on one of the Evo's just fine but the other one will not cycle. I even tried to manually turn off the PH but no response. Why would it control one just fine and not the other. I have read that sometimes the Apex cannot sense very low voltage and therefore has trouble controlling some equipment but I have never heard this with a PH. I am using my relay switched outlets for my dosing pumps because I cannot afford to miss dosing cycles. I'm getting very frustrated with this Apex! I'm wondering if I would have been better off with the RKE!

Milad
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
whats the code you have on the outlet look like?

PoonTang
06-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Yep it's probably not going to work because the evo's draw only about 4w and the eb8 has trouble with anything under about 6w with the triac relays. You can couple it up with something else like another pump or small light. Yes it kind of sucks that they don't like the lower power divices but the trade off is that they can handle literally millions of cycles without burning out the contacts in the relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milad
06-20-2010, 11:11 PM
wow only 4w on thsoe powerheads? didnt realize that!

viperfish
06-21-2010, 05:02 AM
whats the code you have on the outlet look like?

Here is the code I'm using, I have it set for a one minute interval:

000:00/001:00/001:00 for pump 1 Then ON

001:00/001:00/000:00 for pump 2 Then ON

viperfish
06-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Yep it's probably not going to work because the evo's draw only about 4w and the eb8 has trouble with anything under about 6w with the triac relays. You can couple it up with something else like another pump or small light. Yes it kind of sucks that they don't like the lower power divices but the trade off is that they can handle literally millions of cycles without burning out the contacts in the relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The strange thing is that it will recognize one pump but not the other. Maybe I'll try connecting two together and see if that works better.

PoonTang
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
The strange thing is that it will recognize one pump but not the other. Maybe I'll try connecting two together and see if that works better.

Its also possible that the outlet itself is bad. There are the odd ones out there that have broken but apex is very good about repairing them. I know I had one go bad and it wouldnt shut all the way off. Have you tried "Set ON" command on the outlet in question? and also made sure the PH itself is working properly?

Coleus
06-21-2010, 08:48 PM
have you tried the out let 4 and 8? My dosing pump would not shut off on any other outlets

OceanicCorals-Ian-
06-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm trying to set up my Koralia Evolution powerheads as a wavemaker on my Neptune Apex. My problem is the OSC command works fine on one of the Evo's just fine but the other one will not cycle. I even tried to manually turn off the PH but no response. Why would it control one just fine and not the other. I have read that sometimes the Apex cannot sense very low voltage and therefore has trouble controlling some equipment but I have never heard this with a PH. I am using my relay switched outlets for my dosing pumps because I cannot afford to miss dosing cycles. I'm getting very frustrated with this Apex! I'm wondering if I would have been better off with the RKE!

RKE is the same, the micro switches can't sens low voltage...... would make no difference!

viperfish
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
have you tried the out let 4 and 8? My dosing pump would not shut off on any other outlets

I have 4 and 8 for my dosing pumps, I can put up with an inconsistent powerhead but I cannot afford my dosing pumps going all screwy. I'm going to play with the outlets some more tonight and narrow it down but as far as I can see right now it's just the one powerhead. I'll try a light on each outlet and do the manual on/off thing for each one, then I'll try a short OSC command for each as well if all these check out then it has to be the powerhead.