PDA

View Full Version : Who carry "Vertex RO/DI 100Gpd" unit in Calgary

ungp
06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Just looking to buy ro/di unit and read that the above is good. don't know who carry this tho.

thanks in advance for info.

gobytron
06-18-2010, 07:37 PM
why not just order from J&L?

they'll ship for pretty reasonable.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=vt-ro100

mike31154
06-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Provided the tank size (34G) in your signature is up to date, you may wish to consider getting a 75 gpd system rather than the 100. Rejection rate of the 75 membrane is better than the 100 and for the amount of water you'll be making for your current system, the little time you save making water with the faster membrane will hardly be worth it when compared to the benefits of the 75's TDS removal performance.

I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on a certain 'brand' name of RODI system. Most of them are put together of relatively generic components by the varying suppliers who then stamp their logo on them. The things to look for are options available when comparing prices, such as TDS meters, flush valves, PSI gauges etc. Also ensure the main component, the membrane, is made by a reputable company such as DOW. A vertical DI cartridge set up is preferable over a horizontal one and it's nice to have the clear filter housings for the pre filters so you have a bit of an idea of what's going on inside.

I purchased my 75 gpd unit from BWI in Ontario and am very satisfied with the quality and performance.

meenamjah
06-19-2010, 04:34 AM
you might want to check out maxwaterflow.com as well