PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Salt - Calgary

trinac
06-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Hello

Anyone out there who is shutting down there tank want to sell me their extra salt? Putting water in the 90 right away here... :biggrin:

Let me know, thanks!

Sumfingwong
06-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Hey Trina,

Big Al's is having a father's day sale. $45.99 or something like that for a box of salt. Good for 200 gallons I believe

bryceschutte
06-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Is that the best pricing in Calgary right now? Will other LFS match prices?

Sumfingwong
06-18-2010, 06:09 AM
Its pretty cheap considering I bought the same box at ocean city for $60 :(

They have alot of things for sale at Big Al's. They have alot of tank setups for sale as well.

Gaffer
06-18-2010, 03:07 PM
You may want to try Gold's, Ocean City or Red Coral.

They all had some promo pricing on the new Seachem Aquavitro Salinity http://www.aquavitro.com/Products/salinity.html that is superior to IO.

I bought 2 bucket for $90 each which makes 255 gallons/per bucket.
Pretty cheap for better salt.

Andrew

Kryptic4L
06-18-2010, 07:10 PM
not to be a jerk, but if you can't fork up for a bucket of salt... your in the wrong hobby. This is the backbone of any system, sure once and awhile someone may get rid of a bucket from time to time on the cheap because it isnt panning out with their system, and by all means pick that up if the perticular salt works for you...

kien
06-18-2010, 08:36 PM
not to be a jerk, but if you can't fork up for a bucket of salt... your in the wrong hobby.

I would agree. However, it might not be the case that she can't afford a bucket of salt. Rather, she could just be trying to capitalize on the summer trend of tank shut downs by snagging cheap stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I troll the Buy/Sell section all the time looking for great deals on stuff. Doesn't mean I can't afford it, just means I'm cheap :lol: On that note, does anyone have any fish they don't want anymore? I'm setting up a tank for my dad real soon here.. Oops, hijack, sorry my bad! :redface: .. um ya, Trina is looking for salt, anyone.. anyone? <-- there back on topic!

trinac
06-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, and someone has pm'd me with some salt hooray!!

And now to address this piece of work... :eek:
not to be a jerk, but if you can't fork up for a bucket of salt... your in the wrong hobby. This is the backbone of any system, sure once and awhile someone may get rid of a bucket from time to time on the cheap because it isnt panning out with their system, and by all means pick that up if the perticular salt works for you...

#1 I think being a jerk comes rather naturally to you
#2 Its my business if I want to capitalize on getting cheap salt while a bunch of people are tearing down their tanks
#3 People sell a bazillion other items on here worth far less so whats so offensive to you about me wanting to get SALT?!
#4 Maybe you are in the wrong forum, but I'll stay in this hobby, thanks.
#5 Do you have any salt?

I also shop at Costco to save my pennies, got a problem with that, bra?

Rant end. lol Just as I was thinking canreef has been boring the last few days... :lol:

trinac
06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I would agree. However, it might not be the case that she can't afford a bucket of salt. Rather, she could just be trying to capitalize on the summer trend of tank shut downs by snagging cheap stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I troll the Buy/Sell section all the time looking for great deals on stuff. Doesn't mean I can't afford it, just means I'm cheap :lol: On that note, does anyone have any fish they don't want anymore? I'm setting up a tank for my dad real soon here.. Oops, hijack, sorry my bad! :redface: .. um ya, Trina is looking for salt, anyone.. anyone? <-- there back on topic!

thanks!! :biggrin:

I also heard Kein has free fish, you might want to check with him. haha jk

kien
06-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Rant end. lol Just as I was thinking canreef has been boring the last few days... :lol:

You downhillers are such badass troublemakers!

:ban:

Kein and I are not on speaking terms.. there was an incident involving rubber gloves and a horse shoe :redface:

Leah
06-18-2010, 10:49 PM
You sure told him. :fish:

:nod: I must admit the reason I like watching hockey is to see the fights. :redface:

:pop2: Thanks for the little bit of action on here today. :wink:

Gaffer
06-19-2010, 03:30 PM
So much drama in the BST.

Andrew

Zoaelite
06-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm not your friend, buddy
-I'm not your buddy, pal
-I'm not your pal, guy
-I'm not your guy, friend
-I'm not your friend, pal