PDA

View Full Version : To anyone using turboflotor multi SL, please help

meenamjah
06-16-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't know if my skimmer is working properly. I'm not getting enough foam. I have to raise water level to max, to get any foam out of it, and sometimes, I don't get foam even then. It tends to foam up after feeding, though, and there are bubbles being produced... I don't know if I just don't have enough livestock or if it's not working properly. I started 2 months ago, and all I got for livestock are 2 clowns, 1 diamond goby, and a bunch of CUC.

If you have one, could you send me pics of it in action?

Sumfingwong
06-16-2010, 06:25 AM
I am currently in the process of breaking mine in. When I first started it, there was no bubbles whatsoever. Daniel at Wai's gave me a valve to install between the skimmer and silencer. Also, what solved my problem with no bubbles was to blow air into the hose that goes into the pump. It will clear anything out of there.

Let me know how it goes

meenamjah
06-16-2010, 06:28 AM
I've got bubbles, just not enough foam up top... I've been told I have to constantly adjust water level...

can I get some pictures of the collection cup?

bvlester
06-16-2010, 07:41 AM
I use one and have for a while if your bio load is low you will have a hard time getting skim out of it just like any good skimmer it should produce more bubbles after feeding and also at night as the temp drops a bit the water molecule move to wards each other. Unlike anything else water is the only molecule that will condense and then expand when cooled. so I would say your skimmer is working properly you do know it is rated for a 250g tank.
What size of tank are your using it on? If it is a small tank I would recommend that you get some more stock before you condemn the skimmer, by the way it does take time for these skimmers to fully break-in mine worked very well after the 3rd month I had it and after my first maintenance cleaning. ever since then it has pulled realy nice black skim out of the tanks it has been in.

Bill

meenamjah
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
oh, yeah... my tank's a 50 gallon... I guess I shouldn't worry too much then...

thanks~

bvlester
06-16-2010, 05:22 PM
YOu are ok as you add more to your tank the skimm will become more foten and darker I am thinking youare getting a greenish skimm maybe a darker yellow.

Bill

ElGuappo
06-16-2010, 08:20 PM
oh, yeah... my tank's a 50 gallon... I guess I shouldn't worry too much then...

thanks~

i ran one on a 45 and it did well..

fishytime
06-16-2010, 10:39 PM
have you checked the opposite side of the airline nipple?....there is little venturi type thing with a bunch of small holes in it which can clog very easily....

meenamjah
06-17-2010, 01:10 AM
lol. I don't even know what a venturi is... can someone enlighten me?

bvlester
06-17-2010, 03:12 AM
look it is a 50g new tank which has 2 clowns, 1 Gobi and a few cucs not much of a bio load and the water has not hit saturation, it is working fine once he adds some corals and fish it will skim some nice dark skim. by the way the older one have a venturi that is cut on an angle with on holes. I have both types and they both work just as well as the other one.

Bill