PDA

View Full Version : Something Nibbling on my ToadStool

Chad
11-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure this out. Please take a look at the photo and let me know what you think.. It looks like something is nibbling on it but I cannot find anything that could be doing it.

http://www.lchres.com/Images/Toady.jpg

Thanks

Chad

AJ_77
11-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Sorry Chad, don't know but...

Saw the title of your thread and haven't stopped smiling. Just struck me as funny... :lol:

(what kind of crabs do you have in there, BTW?)

Chad
11-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Sorry Chad, don't know but...

Saw the title of your thread and haven't stopped smiling. Just struck me as funny... :lol:

(what kind of crabs do you have in there, BTW?)

Hehe, Ya, I can see what you mean :biggrin:

Just some blue legged hermits, and I know there is one or two hitchhikers in there that have eluded capture so far. But they never stray far from their little holes in the rocks and seem to just scrap off algae.

Chad

AJ_77
11-10-2003, 09:34 PM
one or two hitchhikers in there that have eluded capture so far.
I know what you mean, I heard clicking in there for the first time the other night... :eek:

Chad
11-10-2003, 09:41 PM
one or two hitchhikers in there that have eluded capture so far.
I know what you mean, I heard clicking in there for the first time the other night... :eek:

Ya, that would be a bit frightening :eek: depending on what it is of course. So far the crabs seem harmless.. We will see. However, just to note that these "nibble" marks also appear on the top.

I have heard that micro bubbles can cause problems.. Could this be the possible cause?

Chad

Bob I
11-11-2003, 03:18 AM
I have two types of Todstools, one like yours, and the other one that looks like a toadstool. They ALWAYS look like that, and have never shown any ill effects. The toadstool one has been fragged three times, and I have had it for several years. Never a problem. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mak
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
They ALWAYS look like that, and have never shown any ill effects. The toadstool one has been fragged three times, and I have had it for several years. Never a problem. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nope, that Toadie came from me. I've Fragged mine a couple of times and have never seen that on the stalk. Mine is quite large and the stalk is somewhat flawless :mrgreen: .