PDA

View Full Version : soft coral food question

kuatto
11-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I have mushrooms,green star polyps,and a ricordia.Other than the usual feeding of frozen(variety cube packs)and small spot feedings of shrimp pieces(for the ricordia)is there an"all-in-one"additive i can use?More so for the star polyps(i really want them to spread)
Keep in mind my 44gal is just a basic setup,with no dosing machine or calcium reactors(gotta work on better lights first,then build a cal reacter).

Jim

Bob I
11-09-2003, 09:24 PM
The short answer is probably not. Most soft corals have zoanthelae, so they usually manufacture their own food. Give Green Star Polyps the right conditions, and they will spread like weeds. The same with some Zoanthids. That, at least is my finding. I have similar livestock as you, and have never fed them. :eek: :biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
11-10-2003, 01:07 AM
Jim,
IYWMO, If you want your green star polyp to spread then don't worry so much about feeding them, instead focus on you r water chemistry, then place them in a high flow location surrounding some bare rock-they should spread in no time. I found that a high Ph as well as high flow even in a low light area of my NO would keep them spreading at an alarming rate.

kuatto
11-10-2003, 01:31 AM
Well the star polyps are sitting middle of the tank(up 13 inches)med flow and the Ph is 8.5.Got lots of growth in the tank,mushrooms are spreading,so things are healthy,guess i'll just wait and see if the stars spread.