PDA

View Full Version : Do fish have ESP?

LostMind
11-09-2003, 04:50 PM
For the past 4 or 5 days, I have been feeding my fish with the net in the tank, to get them used to it. All week long they have been eating as normal - to the point of swimmin INTO the net to get food.

Today, I come to the tank to actually take them out because I hate the bastards and guess what... they dont even come out from behind the rocks when I feed! I did everything just as normal, but today they knew what was up and wouldnt come out to eat any food.

So, I decided after trying to lure the chromis out for 25mins with brine shrimp that I would just have to chase them out and into my net...

I have never even seen my chromis hide in the rocks - they always stay at the top 4-6 inches of water at all times... even when sleeping. But not this morning, this morning they were like little pod racers going thru my rockwork... gah! bastards!

After 1 and a half hours I have given up. These fish have outsmarted me - they are not coming outta the tank yet :(

At least this morning I actually saw them schooling as they ran away from my net, was the first time I have seen them do that. I guess I ****ed them off enough or something...

Anyways, I dont get it - how did the bastards know today was the day I was gonna take them out? How come they didnt come eat all the food like normal? I even fed them lightly last night so they would be hungry... stupid esp fishes.

LostMind
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
So, I have a new plan...

two words...

carpet anemone!

Whats everyone think? Hehe.

Ok ok ok, I am going to hell. I'll stop thinking evil thoughts now. Stupid fish.

dekay
11-10-2003, 07:55 AM
this is what i usually do. feed them when it's dark w/ lights on. when they're near the top, shut the light off and scoop him up. usually works for me.

LostMind
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
hmmm, maybe next weekend I will give that a try :)

Son Of Skyline
11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
That's odd. I've kept lots of chromis in my life and they've all been dumb as doornails. I could always scoop them up without worries.

I second the "in the dark" trick. Good luck!

LostMind
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
I will thanks!