PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything I can do?

foreveringlass
06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
A few weeks ago I bought a Royal Gramma from my LFS. Brought him home and dripped him slowly. When I added him to the tank he was sucking air from the top, while floating upside down. I thought for sure he was a goner. I covered the tank to reduce his stress and hoped for his sake he would pull though. He did...mostly. He now swims sideways. He is always on his side! Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

foreveringlass
06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know how I can right my sideways fish?

christyf5
06-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Grammas can be odd at times, for you to mention it swims sideways isn't really a huge deal as mine does that at least 50% of the time. He also likes to hang out upside down in his little cave.

I'd venture to say he probably has some swim bladder issues. For what you'd have to do to fix it and the stress/possible infection afterwards, you should probably just leave him be.

Coleus
06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
my grammas do side way, upside down too but swim straight when feeding or venturing out of his cave

lastlight
06-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Mine spent most of his time upside down under an overhang before he mysteriously croaked. Otherwise he seemed 100% normal. Ate like a pig and was feisty.

foreveringlass
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks everyone! I will quit worrying and just accept that I have a "dork fish!" :biggrin: