PDA

View Full Version : My first fish dont seem to eat or come out!

Milad
06-10-2010, 03:49 AM
I got two clowns, one big one small. The big clown wont come out of this cave in the rocks
the small one goes all over the tank but the big one just chills inside the cave

Ive seen her eat once and she comes out sometimes when the lights go out. I thought she was suppose to be all over the tank like the little guy. She seems to not come out unless the little guy is near by.

Also I havent seen my yellow clown goby eat yet. Food floats by him but he just sits attached to the corner of the glass.

These actions of the clown and the goby make me think my flow is to much for them so I turned off one of the tunze 6105s all day today but nothing changed.

Lance
06-10-2010, 04:19 AM
How long have you had the fish in the tank? Sometimes it takes awhile for fish to get over their shyness. Try feeding them and walking away from the tank and watching from a distance. You can also dim the lighting for a few days.

Milad
06-10-2010, 04:54 AM
ive had them since friday
i have only been turning one of my MH on last few days thinking she doesnt like light
so there shouldnt be a problem with flow?

Milad
06-10-2010, 06:33 AM
so the shirmp just laid eggs and the clowns are going to town on them!
but the goby just sits in his corner like hes in time out.

Rogue951
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
the clown should follow suit to the other one soon.
were they wild or captive bred? I find the captive ones to be way faster and more reliable. I've had a pair of wild ones starve cause they refused to eat any food.