PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 300 Gallon Beckett Skimmer $150.00

Seamazter
06-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Can be internal in the sump or external with the outflow pipe above sump lip level. I have run it both ways and both work well.

This has been a great skimmer for me, it ran my 180 heavy stocked reef tank and a attached 90 gallon.

I fed the flow from my dart return pump but you can use any type of pump powerful enough to make bubbles.

You can upgrade it to a 600 gallon skimmer by ordering the additional beckett for $99 if your looking for overkill skimming.

http://www.myreefcreations.com/images/MR-2%20(Medium).jpg
http://www.myreefcreations.com/MR-2-Protein-Skimmer

Working well just downsized and running a euroreef RS 180 with mesh wheel mod.

I can include some black one inch non kink hose to attach to your pump.

First 150.00 takes it home.

My Reef Creations protein skimmers utilize a Beckett 1408 foam head. This is the most powerful skimmer you can buy. As your system grows, so can your skimmer. You can add a second injector and/or an extension tube to make your skimmer able to handle larger systems. We specialize in helping you get the best skimmer for your system. Why purchase a skimmer that is off the shelf? Wouldn't you rather talk to the manufacturer to make sure it will work for your needs? We believe in helping before, during and after a sale. All skimmers utilize 1/4" thick Cell Cast Acrylic and O-ring gaskets for a superior seal. All the top flanges are keyholed for ease of maintenance and are 3/8" thick for strength. All skimmer boxes are also made with 3/8" thick cast acrylic and engraved with the MRC logo everyone has come to recognize as quality. Our skimmers come standard with a gate valve, pre-installed, so they are basically plug and play; no need to run to the hardware store to get your new skimmer to work!

Model MR-2
Box Dimensions 10.5" x 7" x 8"
First Riser OD 6"
Second Riser OD 4"
Number of Injectors 1 or 2
Gate Valve (standard) 1.5"
Total Height 24.5"
Rating 300 gallons

Chaloupa
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
PM sent...this sounds perfect for my tank!

lockrookie
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
i just read this anfd thougth of your tank especially the upgrade kit for later when you decide to over stock

Chaloupa
06-08-2010, 08:30 PM
And we all know, it will end up overstocked...I think this would be perfect. Let's hope Seamazter will ship! By Greyhound, it's easy, they're "pretty good" and then my husband can figure out how to plumb it! LOL

Lance
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Sarah, you will be happy with this skimmer. I have the MR-3 with dual Becketts and love it. It's very important to run it with a pump large enough. The more water you blast at it the more skimmate you'll get.

Seamazter
06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Sold to the pretty girl with the nice hair.

hockey nut
06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Did you get it Sarah???

I had a beckett 2 skimmer a few years back and it was a great skimmer.

Chaloupa
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Sold to the pretty girl with the nice hair.

Ahhh geez, thanks!:wink:

Chaloupa
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Did you get it Sarah???

I had a beckett 2 skimmer a few years back and it was a great skimmer.

I did! I am going to do the upgrade I think.....and then....HERE COME THE TANGS!!!!!!!!:lol:

Skimmerking
06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Sarah do the up grade to the extra beckett and add a extension on there and then m let the tangs come in ...

Skimmerking
06-08-2010, 11:49 PM
oh ya make it a Re-circulating one too.. which is very easy to do Pm me your number and I will explain to your hubby on how to do it ok.

Chaloupa
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
oh ya make it a Re-circulating one too.. which is very easy to do Pm me your number and I will explain to your hubby on how to do it ok.

I should have just PM'd my number to you in the first place eh Mike....you ARE the skimmer king! LOL

Will do...have to break it to my husband that I have purchased this and what he will be doing!!! Going to have to plan it a bit on how we will hook it up as I :redface: don't even know what type of pumps run the closed loop! But I have a great pump for this skimmer anyways....and it's going to be a case of figuring as we go!

Seamazter
06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Just tell him it was so inexpensive for such a great big skimmer, you couldn't resist.
On the bus now.

Lance
06-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah! Put another Beckett on that baby and an extension like Mike mentioned and you'll be suckin' the poo right out of those big tangs!

Seamazter
06-09-2010, 12:34 AM
you'll be suckin' the poo right out of those big tangs!
Crazy but true.

PoonTang
06-09-2010, 01:49 AM
:clap2: