PDA

View Full Version : Enormous cardinal tetras at the Vancouver Aquarium

trilinearmipmap
06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I was at the Vancouver (public) Aquarium a week or two ago. They had a tank full of enormous cardinal tetras, twice the size of any cardinal tetras I have seen anywhere else. I am not sure if they received them this size to start with or if they raised them to this size. I am looking at overfeeding my cardinals to achieve the same results maybe with a mix of live and frozen food. If anyone has seen or raised similar monster cardinal tetras any tips on this.

gobytron
06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
you might have better luck with this at www.bcaquaria.com

Wingin It
06-08-2010, 10:29 PM
i've seen some very large cardinals...but exactly how large are we talking? Mine are still only half grown, but I feed them both frozen and NLS.

trilinearmipmap
06-09-2010, 04:16 AM
I am just estimating a couple of inches long compared to 1" which I have and which I see most places.

liz_au
06-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I use to feed my cardinals live daphnia, frozen bloodworm and tetra colour bits, my largest one was probably just on 2 and a half inches.
I had them in with discus and blue rams and they did really well on 3 to 4 quite small feedings a day with live food once to twice a week.
As long as you are feeding them a well varied diet they will get all the nutrients they need and grow to their full potential. I had mine for about 2 years till the power went out while I was away and the whole tank died :sad: