PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop going to the LFS?

Milad
06-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Just want to get some ideas on how to stop going to the LFS.
Its 5min from where i work and im there everyday. I was thinking of busing to work but then that would be annoying.

Also how do you keep from buying more livestock?! I keep itching to get more but i know i shouldn't yet. But my clowns really look like they need an anemone!

maybe there is a reefers anonymous club i can join?!

Rogue951
06-08-2010, 07:48 PM
I can't. =(

muck
06-08-2010, 07:49 PM
You are here already... :lol::lol:

BlueWorldAquatic
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
You can't!!!!

Muhahahahahahahhaha

Jfish
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Move to a city without a LFS like Estevan :sad:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Leave credit cards at home. Have only enough $$ in wallet to pay for necessities for the day (lunch or gas).

This doesn't really work, I think, but you can test it out for us & post your results:wink::razz::twised:

Zoaelite
06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Commit a felony? No LFS in Jail :lol:.

Leah
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Get married

ponokareefer
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Move to a city without a LFS like Estevan :sad:

Or Ponoka. :cry:

Milad
06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Get married

well i would get married to a lady friend that likes fishes!

Coleus
06-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Get married

not working here

fishoholic
06-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Basically you don't! and if you're like me you'll go to a few different LFS a few times a month/week/day :redface:

Leah
06-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Basically you don't! and if you're like me you'll go to a few different LFS a few times a month/week/day :redface:

Laurie,

I thought you just camped out at various LFS's. :razz:

fishytime
06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Why would you want to stop going to the LFS:question:....:noidea:....My favorite LFS has a knowledgeable enough staff.....who by the way, are very nice to look at, for the most part....even if I dont go home with anything its a pleasure just going in:mrgreen:

Wayne
06-08-2010, 11:15 PM
The answer is simple, just work at the LFS!!! Then you will get discounts :lol:

Dez
06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Get married

Doesn't stop me :biggrin:

globaldesigns
06-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Just give up and don't worry about it. It is part of the obsession!!!!

Funky_Fish14
06-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Nothing can stop you.... Well... distance stopped me... haha. But I still go in at least once a week for no reason even if I plan on buying nothing!

tang daddy
06-09-2010, 01:12 AM
There will be a time when you have bought every type of coral, then you'll slow down. It may take a few years.

I was once like you, unfortunately now I find myself really into it for a few months then relaxing for a few months. Basically what Im trying to say is when your tank is so full of corals and fish and your wondering how to fit just 1 more.....

Another good one is not having any money......

lastlight
06-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Doh beat me to it.

Be broke. I'm successfully beta testing this strategy and so far so good.

whatcaneyedo
06-09-2010, 01:43 AM
This just made me realize I haven't bought anything saltwater related from out LFS since last September. I've actually made around $100 off of them selling them easy to keep frags.

But yeah, I'm in there loitering every week anyways... Those poor bastards.

DiverDude
06-09-2010, 01:50 AM
If you really want a cheaper, less-addictive past time, try heroin.:twised:

Short of that, you can try going berzerk in the LFS in the hopes they bar you for life but most LFS owners are quite shrewd and see right though that ploy. Besides, if you're really hooked, you spend far more than it takes to rebuild the store once in a while so they keep welcoming you back !

:mrgreen:

Face it, you're screwed.

Welcome to the club.

PoonTang
06-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Once your credit card melts, then there is not much point in going. :(

Zoaelite
06-09-2010, 02:40 AM

Short of that, you can try going berzerk in the LFS in the hopes they bar you for life but most LFS owners are quite shrewd and see right though that ploy. Besides, if you're really hooked, you spend far more than it takes to rebuild the store once in a while so they keep welcoming you back !

Face it, you're screwed.

Welcome to the club.

Haha did you place reef keeping below meth and higher than heroin?

bvlester
06-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Just want to get some ideas on how to stop going to the LFS.
Its 5min from where i work and im there everyday. I was thinking of busing to work but then that would be annoying.

Also how do you keep from buying more livestock?! I keep itching to get more but i know i shouldn't yet. But my clowns really look like they need an anemone!

I don't think anyone can stop going to the LFS but you have to leave your walet at home so you don't spend any money.

Bill

bignose
06-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Keep all your receipts and then add them up after a few months. When you find the total show it to you significant other. That should do the the trick.

fishoholic
06-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Laurie,

I thought you just camped out at various LFS's. :razz:

Pretty much :lol:

blacknife
06-09-2010, 05:54 PM
its working for me.. but the problem with that i think is when the money comes back in if it ever does you rebound and go crazy nuts buying stuff:)

Doh beat me to it.

Be broke. I'm successfully beta testing this strategy and so far so good.

bvlester
06-09-2010, 06:09 PM
being broke does not work I still buy stuff been lay-ed off for 8 months now and starting to look at jobs for places like Mal mart. Or buying a business they will lend a person that has not worked for a while allot of money and I mean allot of money. It does help my credit score is very high.

Bill

Parker
06-09-2010, 06:27 PM
My wife has some sort of radar in her head that lets her know within 45 seconds if I have spent any money.

"Sir, that will be $300.00, (swipe visa) (30 seconds later the phone rings) Hey Honey, so I was just curious what you bought at *******"

My wife and I have an allowance system for mad money. We both get X amount of dollars per month to spend on what ever we want. Corals / Fish / Crack / Liquor and Whores, whatever. If spend above my allowance the above happens, which is a good deterant!

globaldesigns
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Face it, you're screwed.

Welcome to the club.

HEHE, I got you hooked... I feel like the dealer!!!

lorenz0
06-09-2010, 06:43 PM
lol hooked on rock

Milad
06-09-2010, 06:46 PM
My wife has some sort of radar in her head that lets her know within 45 seconds if I have spent any money.

"Sir, that will be $300.00, (swipe visa) (30 seconds later the phone rings) Hey Honey, so I was just curious what you bought at *******"

My wife and I have an allowance system for mad money. We both get X amount of dollars per month to spend on what ever we want. Corals / Fish / Crack / Liquor and Whores, whatever. If spend above my allowance the above happens, which is a good deterant!

what happens if you both want the item? such as a very nice looking whore. who pays?

Parker
06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
what happens if you both want the item? such as a very nice looking whore. who pays?

If we do it together is comes from the money budgeted for entertainment, not our allowance! :mrgreen:

chandigz
06-10-2010, 01:05 AM
My LFS (Crack dealer) is evil. He phones to let me know when stuff is coming in and what has arrived and holds stuff that he thinks I will want. He E-mails me order lists to see if I want to special order anything like a gem tang just above his landed price(came so close to getting one), and lets me run an account if I don't have a lot of extra cash. He thinks it's funny when he sees my number on call display he answers the phone, "whats crack-a-lacking man" or he phones and says, " you should see the crack that just came in".

Good luck

BlueWorldAquatic
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Heh!

I actually have mentioned it to some of you, that I feel like a drug dealer sometimes. :twised:

The fun part of it all on my end? is to make the odd seasoned fishkeeper squeal when they see something they haven't before or in years.

I find it a challenge finding the hard to get stuff for some of you guys/gals, and keeping people interested.

Ken - BWA

Madreefer
06-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Just stay at home and take up cannibas. Your tank will appear so much cooler after a big fattie.