PDA

View Full Version : Iron dosing?

Jessie55
06-08-2010, 02:04 AM
All of my green corals have lost their green i understand that a lack of iron can cause this. Should there not be enough iron in my salt when i do my weekly water change. I have alot of chaeto and caulerpa in my sump could they possibly suck all the iron out? Its the only change i can think of in my tank.

Dez
06-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Hello, I'm not too familiar with iron as it is not something that we can exactly measure. However, I had one brown coral for about 4 months and was considering getting rid of it. After dosing iron, it turned into a very nice green coral. It's growth tips are blue so it makes for a really nice coral. Now most people that see it are wanting frags of that coral. I does 6 drops every Monday of that KZ iron. So, I can tell you it works. Hope this helps.

fishytime
06-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Could be that your coral/macro algae load is consuming it out at a rate that cant be replenished with water changes......but you nailed it on the head.....iron will help green corals to green up but it also can feed algae.....err on the side of caution and start slow(under dose)....