PDA

View Full Version : Banded coral shrimps are jerks?

fishdude
11-07-2003, 07:14 PM
They look great and are very elegant but I think mine is jumping and making a meal of my pepermint shrimps.

Anyone have this happen?

FD

Son Of Skyline
11-07-2003, 10:22 PM
I had one that attacked me every time I put my hand in there. It got too scary so back the to lfs he went :mad:

Mak
11-07-2003, 10:41 PM
From my experience and from what I've heard, they will pretty much kill any shrimp(excluding Mantis Shrimp :mrgreen: ). Mine used to actually chase off my Lionfish :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: .

Bob I
11-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Not at all surprising. They are really best if kept by themselves

Dorkel Marine 1
11-09-2003, 08:16 AM
I read they cannot live with other shrimp. Just too agressive. They have to be kept alone. I also read that a pair can be kept together. Mine is with a wrasse, two cardinals and two bar gobies. He doesn't bother them. He got the fiestiest to a tube anenome I bought. But they are at peace now. The anenome actually moved to a far corner. Sid seems to think thats ok and he now leaves it alone.

George

Dorkel Marine 1
11-09-2003, 08:18 AM
I read they cannot live with other shrimp. Just too agressive. They have to be kept alone. I also read that a pair can be kept together. Mine is with a wrasse, two cardinals and two bar gobies. He doesn't bother them. He got the fiestiest to a tube anenome I bought. But they are at peace now. The anenome actually moved to a far corner. Sid seems to think thats ok and he now leaves it alone. However I'm biased. I just love this CBS. He actually kinda cleans my finger for a little while. Then he grabs my finger and then I withdraw my finger. Like I said I'm biased.

George