PDA

View Full Version : Free: 4" Five Strip/Rainbow wrasse (SE Calgary)

kien
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
My five stripe wrasse has decided that he no longer wishes to reside with my parrot fish :neutral: .. So he has been sumped and is looking for a new home.

Beware: He is NOT reef safe. He will not eat your corals but will likely devour any inverts that you may cherish. And as I have recently discovered, he may not like any other torpedo like fish.

Free to a good home.

Sorry, he is way to fast for me to photograph but he looks like this:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+1151&pcatid=1151

Or this..

http://www.themarinecenter.com/fish/wrassealsoseehogfish/rainbowwrasse/

The Grizz
06-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Hey Kien would it be ok in a FOWLR tank??

cuz
06-08-2010, 03:37 AM
too bad thats a cool looking wrasse!!!

kien
06-08-2010, 04:00 AM
He would be perfect in a FOWLR so long as you don't plan to add anymore torpedo shaped fish of a similar size as he seems to hate them. He didn't seem to bother smaller wrasses like the canary wrasse, mystery wrasse or melanarus wrasse that was in there too. He just happens to hate the similar sized and shaped parrot fish that I have. If you already have aggressive torpedo shaped fish he will fit right in! He was in my FOWLR Reef and never touched any of my corals (I've got a bunch of sps and lps corals in there).

The Grizz
06-08-2010, 04:07 AM
In my FOWLR I have a Picasso Trigger, Yellow Damsel, Bluefin Damsel, Fox Face Lo, Maroon Clown and a Scribbled Rabbit. Have been thinking of moving the Fox Face back to my 8' tank. Don't plain on adding anything of similar shape as any other fish in there, would like to keep them all different.

fishoholic
06-08-2010, 04:10 AM
He's very cool. But I'm pretty sure my lunare and grouper would not approve. They team up and kill other torpedo shaped fish who look like them :sad:

Grizz I think he'd fit in well in your tank.

kien
06-08-2010, 04:22 AM
He will like your Picasso trigger! He seems to like mine. They swim and sleep together (I'm serious!). Anyway, say the word and he is yours, seeing as how no one else seems to want him :)

he is a very pretty fish but I am more attached to my parrot fish at the moment.

trinac
06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Cool fish!! Thats cute how some fish become friends.

The Grizz
06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
sounds good I will pick him and the CBB at the same time. Might be down there at the end of the week, if not for sure first of next week. Sound good to you?

reefmaster12345
06-08-2010, 04:46 AM
He will like your Picasso trigger! He seems to like mine. They swim and sleep together (I'm serious!). Anyway, say the word and he is yours, seeing as how no one else seems to want him :)

he is a very pretty fish but I am more attached to my parrot fish at the moment.

hey i will take him i have a rsm but i have a nano 30 gallon that only has a clown in it but i dont care about a clown lol ya but i will take the wrase if you wont

fishoholic
06-08-2010, 04:51 AM
hey i will take him i have a rsm but i have a nano 30 gallon that only has a clown in it but i dont care about a clown lol ya but i will take the wrase if you wont

Sounds like Grizz is taking the wrasse. FYI that wrasse is to big for a 30g. However I remember you saying something about a 2000g tank you have, so if you find another wrasse like that it would do better in the bigger tank.

kien
06-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Sorry the grizz beat ya to it.