PDA

View Full Version : heeeeeeeeeeeelp

fiorano
06-06-2010, 02:28 AM
so i had a glass 15 gallon tank built for my mantis and i didnt know when i built the false wall seperated compartment in the back that this could cause the glass to crack. so now this has happened and there are 2 cracks stemming out from the plexi glass causing a very slow leak. does anyone have a 15 gallon acrylic tank i can buy quickly ( i heard this wouldnt crack or know where i can get one tomorrow? thank you!!!!!!!!!

fiorano
06-06-2010, 02:44 AM
i also just realized i have a 20 gallon tank i could transfer him to as well. i just need an overflow and a 10 gallon sump or something... does anyone have any ideas for a quick reliable overflow????? and can i put the mantis into 24 hour old saltwater with his cured rock or do i have to slowly add the rock then him?????

Funky_Fish14
06-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Why dont you use some of the water he is already in? And then mix in some more new saltwater?

Not really anything 'quick' for an overflow. Something as small as a 20 would likely have to be drilled.

tang daddy
06-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I would try to call all local lfs to see if they have a used 20g drilled then buy a 10g for the sump..... you'd be happy you upgraded!!

^if this doesn't work a member on here drills tanks, Anthony (seahorsefanatic) and if he can't drill it asap put the mantis in a salt bucket with an airstone and heater for a couple days it'll be fine.

fiorano
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
excellent thanks for the advice :) i cant believe i forgot about mixing the water from the old/ new tank i jsut worked a 12 hour day and came home to a cracked tank ha ha i was a little flustered