PDA

View Full Version : new salt question

mytank90
06-05-2010, 12:54 AM
i just was given a brand new tub of aquavitro salinity salt .he said the stuff is batched mixed and works great .has anyone tryed this brand of salt ,thanks

Dez
06-05-2010, 12:58 AM
i just was given a brand new tub of aquavitro salinity salt .he said the stuff is batched mixed and works great .has anyone tryed this brand of salt ,thanks

I used one pail and then my lfs didn't bring it in again. I didn't see any ill effects in my system. I started my tank on reefer's best, then I went to Salinity and reefer's best mixed. Then I went to reefer's best and brightwell mixed, and now I'm almost 100% on brightwell. I just found reefer's best to be too expensive for a 40 gallon per week water change. Corals are still growing strong. Hope this helps. BTW, I really like the pail that the salinity comes in.

Gaffer
06-05-2010, 01:17 AM
I've been using it, but dont have much to compare it with.

There was a couple of places in Calgary that had it on promo. I bought 2 pails at Gold's for ~$90, which makes 255 US Gallons, and they had it at Ocean City.

I have also used thier supplements which were 30% off last month.

The pail is nice, but at 65lbs it is a little unruly and they put a wimpy plastic handle that busted the first time I picked it up.

Andrew

Dez
06-05-2010, 01:27 AM
You're right, the plastic handle was a piece of crap!

Coleus
06-05-2010, 03:33 AM
I've been using it, but dont have much to compare it with.

There was a couple of places in Calgary that had it on promo. I bought 2 pails at Gold's for ~$90, which makes 255 US Gallons, and they had it at Ocean City.

I have also used thier supplements which were 30% off last month.

The pail is nice, but at 65lbs it is a little unruly and they put a wimpy plastic handle that busted the first time I picked it up.

Andrew

you got 2 pails at Gold for $90 for both or each. If for each that is a very good deal