PDA

View Full Version : My first acan

Treebeard
06-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I bought my first acan frag yesterday with 6 heads, but now what? They are growing on a small rock and I am unsure what to do with them. If I place the frag on a larger piece of rock will they propagate themselves to it? I am also concerned that the frag will get pushed around by my tuxedo urchin and snails.

bvlester
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
I have frags all over my tank right now and my tuxedo does not push them around at all. The large snails are the worst culprits for pushing things off rocks at least in my tank. but after a while they seem to learn where everything is and to not push the frags around. I had one get pushed off a rock last week first time in a month or more.

Bill

whatcaneyedo
06-02-2010, 05:41 PM
If left undisturbed they will eventually attach to any solid object that they are placed on. If you have a certain rock you want them to cover in time you may want to use some epoxy or super glue to get them to hold for now. It always sucks to come home and find a coral that has fallen and landed upside down on top of another coral. They dont have to be in the rocks either. Like most LPS they do fine on the bottom in the sand.

tang daddy
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
another tip is feed it mysis or brine once a week, a great time to feed it is when you feed your tank because the feeding tentacles are out.

feeding it once a week will make it propogate faster!