PDA

View Full Version : Fish Recommendations

Wayne
06-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Hello all, I have a 29G marine tank with a citron goby, dusky jawfish, cleaner shrimp, brittle star fish, maxima clam, colony polyp, mushrooms and flower pot coral.

I am looking for a fish(s) that are mid level, dosile fish with lots of color/interesting that eat flake and/or brine shrimp... Any suggestions?

BlueWorldAquatic
06-02-2010, 04:36 AM
royal gramma
firefish
Chromis

ponokareefer
06-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Yellow assessor, midas blenny or cardinals might work. Also, some of the less aggressive clownfish would work like true percula, ocellaris, and skunk clowns. You might want to reconsider feeding brine shrimp as it has very little nutritional content. Mysis shrimp has a lot more nutrients.

Wayne
06-03-2010, 01:18 AM
I will pick up a package of Mysis Shrimp and mix the two till my Brine runs out. I am really liking those picks. Big Al's just got a shipment last night so tomarrow I will keep my eyes out for these guys.

Wayne
06-04-2010, 04:09 AM
I ended up getting some Blue/Green Chromis. Currently acclimating them now :)

trinac
06-04-2010, 04:25 AM
A book I found which is pretty helpful is called "Reef Aquarium Fishes". It has lots of reef friendly fish, what they eat, min tank size, and their compatability.

For my invertebrates I bought a book called "The 101 Best Marine Invertebrates". Gives info on min tank size, lighting requirements, flow requirements, feeding info, and agressiveness vs other corals. It also includes a section of what to stay away from.

And my favourite all round book so far for general info has been the "Marine Aquarium Handbook". I've read a couple others, but I like this one because it has loads of info on everything including fish diseases.

I bought all those books online at Chapters, you'll save a boatload vs in the store.

I bought 4 more on coral, reef keeping and fish feeding / health. Should be interesting.

Anyways, good luck with your new additions, its pretty fun.

Wayne
06-05-2010, 05:27 AM
I have heard of those books, one of the local fish stores has the fish one that they use regularly. They said Scott Micheal was a very good up-to-date author, I will definatly pick a few of those books up. Will help me get a plan for my tank of the future (daydreams about 75-120G)

silentcivilian
06-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Enjoy the Chromis, I currently have 3 of the little guys, and love them. They get along great till there is food in the tank.. and oddly mine prefer flake to meaty foods.. dont know what to take from this, but I dont complain, flake 4 times a week, meaty 3 and they stay happy.