PDA

View Full Version : Reef Network Frag Swap and Auction

Jason McK
06-01-2010, 10:24 PM
OK I think it's official.

This years event will be a combination of swap meet and silent auction.
all sellers should contact me via PM to let me know you need some space to sell.
For those who want to submit auction frags I will need exact coral frag types and amounts as soon as you can.

Date: June 27th 2010
Time : 11:00am until everything is sold (this usually happens fast)
Location : Seahorse Fanatic's house (exact location will be posted here closer to the event)
6745 Lakeview Ave, Burnaby
Anthony's cell is 604-868-5553.
Please e-mail photos to reefnetwork@gmail.com for all corals that will be entered into the auction

J

Chowder
06-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I will be there to buy,sell and should have a few pieces for the auction. Jason I will let you know the auction pieces in the next few days. Do you want pictures of the pieces?

Chris

reeferious
06-02-2010, 03:37 AM
many of us canreef members are just as fascinated with freshwater aquatics as with reef keeping (just take a look at forum here dedicated to freshwater keeping). to stir up most everyones' enthusiasm why not encourage people to also bring in freshwater equipments, livestocks, plants etc and make the swap party a roaring success. i myself for one will be hunting for treasures you might be bringing in.

BlueWorldAquatic
06-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Give me a shout later when you guys get a chance. I'll send up a few things if you like so you can auction off and use the proceeds for your expenses.

Ken - BWA

Jason McK
06-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Give me a shout later when you guys get a chance. I'll send up a few things if you like so you can auction off and use the proceeds for your expenses.

Ken - BWA

WOW thanks Ken I'll PM soon

Jason McK
06-02-2010, 06:03 AM
many of us canreef members are just as fascinated with freshwater aquatics as with reef keeping (just take a look at forum here dedicated to freshwater keeping). to stir up most everyones' enthusiasm why not encourage people to also bring in freshwater equipments, livestocks, plants etc and make the swap party a roaring success. i myself for one will be hunting for treasures you might be bringing in.

By All means I think it was the first swap meet we encouraged the Fresh water people to come out. Unfortunately not a lot came. But by all means we can do that

J

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Some fw BCA members are coming and they will probably be buying/selling some fw stuff as well.

I have both fw & sw, so I'll have some fw plant packs for sale & probably some fw equipment, etc.

Anthony

Chaloupa
06-02-2010, 03:22 PM
OOOH can't wait! I will hopefully be coming!

Milad
06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
i will be there! and ill bring a friend that hasnt been before
wait, i havent been before either!!
everyone make sure you bring bunch of frags i can buy.

Jason McK
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
sounds good. Look forward to seeing you there.

Sellers Please start thinking about what you are brining

Have only had 1 person submit auction items
J

hockey nut
06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
I'll have some stuff for sale ( palys/zoas ) will send you pics soon.

Cheers

Ron99
06-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I should be able to come and will contribute some superman monti frags and maybe a frag or two of meteor shower cyphastrea. I'll let you know ASAP.

JakartaOrBust
06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I might have a few small frags this time. not much space in a 10 gal nano to do frag work in. I have a Pink Riccordea, a piece of neon yellow finger leather, and 4 frags of orange/green lobophyllia [robusta?] (one x3 heads, one x2, and two singular heads.

cdp
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I should be there as well. Probably no frags this time around. Is there an exact address for the swap yet, and will the auction/swap begin at 11am or a little later to allow everyone to scope out whats for sale?

C

Tom R
06-22-2010, 03:41 AM
As it tuns out I will not be able to attend this weekends Auction / Swap Meet.

Family wedding

Tom R

ScubaSteve
06-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Tagging along on this thread for address and updates. I'll see you all on the weekend.:biggrin:

04scoobysti
06-22-2010, 05:27 AM
I'll be there this weekend with a ton of stuff, Just tore down my 75G. I have everything including HQI pendants, powerheads, wavebox, calcium reactor, uv, ro 100gpd, heaters,too much to list.
See you all there!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-22-2010, 08:05 PM

My cell is 604-868-5553.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I will have 5 patio tables available and lots of deck/camp chairs. If you are selling and have a small table, you're welcome to bring it along.

Freshwater & saltwater enthusiasts are welcome to this event. Bring your families if you want. This will be a great chance for you to prove to your spouses that NO you are not so crazy, here's somone crazier about fish & corals. I have 8 tanks to view (from a 3 gallon cherry shrimp tank to a 210g mixed reef) for almost 750g total volume.

My wife Irene will be making some Malaysian food (probably some spicy noodle soup dish & maybe curry chicken on coconut milk rice) as well as bbqing up some weiners & smokies if anybody wants to buy an inexpensive lunch on-site instead of taking off for McDs. Pop & juice will also be available.

Start time is 11am & we'll run it till 4:30pm or whatever time everyone leaves.

This Sunday morning.

Anthony, Irene & Felicia:biggrin:

hillegom
06-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Anthony, I was going to come, but now have some family thing.

Dietmar

fkshiu
06-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I should have a frag of the infamous joker favia available.

christyf5
06-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I should have a frag of the infamous joker favia available.

LOL, I've been waiting for you to say that :mrgreen:

Chowder
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL, I've been waiting for you to say that :mrgreen:

What happened to the last piece you got at the silent auction Christy?

christyf5
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Bloody thing was fine one day and a pile of goo the next morning. I don't know what happened as there was nothing nearby to sting it and I made sure of that :neutral:

pterfloth
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM
Jason,

Assuming I don't have to work the weekend again I will be bringing a few green monti cap, orange monti cap, purple digi, green digi and monti confusia frags. I also have a 3 litre zeo reactor with pump I'll bring.

reefmaster12345
06-24-2010, 01:46 AM
can i go to it i have no frags right now but i would love to buy some all my colonies are to small to frag i fraged them to mutch and no more frags left lol but eny way can i come to the frag thing eny way i need some fragsss

reeferious
06-24-2010, 04:38 AM
will have some of hardier frags like blue coral, fire corals, mushroom leather,zoas, one or two yellowgreen bubble mushroom with yellow fluorescent bubbles (rhodactis spp but with these yellow pea sized bubbles????). bonus giveaway if you can identify this one (tiny golden coloured individual polyps strung together, was a hitchhiker but is growing rampantly.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Everyone is welcome to come. Can be a buyer, seller, trader, looker:wink:, or just come to hang out & talk.

Gee
06-24-2010, 05:39 AM
hehe, I'll be there apparently ... anyone have a purple monster or superman digi to sell? Also interested in high end zoas.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
I have for sale several Purple Bonzai/Purple Plasma/Bali Tricolour acro frags made and already encrusting for the swap meet.

I have a small deep purple colony also for sale.

If necessary, I can also frag more off my main colonies.

BlueWorldAquatic
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Jason,

Send out the package for you auction, should be there later thoday, before 10:30 am at your workplace.

Ken

Milad
06-24-2010, 03:13 PM
jason,

send out the package for you auction, should be there later thoday, before 10:30 am at your workplace.

Ken

nice!

Jason McK
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks Ken, Made a special trip into the office just to get it.

Jason McK
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
It doesn't look like the Auction is going to have a huge amount of Corals. Most people appear to be selling in the Swap meet fashion. Nothing wrong with that.
We will still have the Auction. There are 29 corals in the Auction. I will post times and coral names Later today

J

muck
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
can i go to it i have no frags right now but i would love to buy some all my colonies are to small to frag i fraged them to mutch and no more frags left lol but eny way can i come to the frag thing eny way i need some fragsss

You do realize that the frag auction/swap is at Anthony's place in Burnaby, BC... right? :wink:

Ron99
06-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I have for sale several Purple Bonzai/Purple Plasma/Bali Tricolour acro frags made and already encrusting for the swap meet.

I have a small deep purple colony also for sale.

If necessary, I can also frag more off my main colonies.

Hey Anthony; put me down for a frag of purple bonsai please!

Chowder
06-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I will have some chalices, a Aussie prizm , couple frags of rainbow encrusting montie, zoas/palys and a few sps frags mostly yellow tenius .

Chris

Ron99
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Okay, I'll add to the list. I'll have some $10 frags of green birdsnest, a nice pink base/red poyp digi and an encrusting monti with red base and pink polyps. Some neon green trumpet coral frags for $5 for smaller ones and $10 for larger ones. Also some superman monti, some really nice Marsall Islands blue bottlebrush acro and maybe one frag of neon green digi and one frag of pink milli. I may also bring a couple of frags of toxic cyphastrea and meteor shower cyphastrea.

Chowder
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
For the auction I have a three polyp frag of blue magician paly, pink/purple green eyed aussie prizm frag, Pink with green mouth purple rim chalice, green with yellow highlighted Chalice and a 5 polyped frag of spongebob favia .

Chris

christyf5
06-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Okay, I'll add to the list. I'll have some $10 frags of green birdsnest, a nice pink base/red poyp digi and an encrusting monti with red base and pink polyps. Some neon green trumpet coral frags for $5 for smaller ones and $10 for larger ones. Also some superman monti, some really nice Marsall Islands blue bottlebrush acro and maybe one frag of neon green digi and one frag of pink milli. I may also bring a couple of frags of toxic cyphastrea and meteor shower cyphastrea.

Hey Ron, can you put me down for a toxic cyphastrea if they're not going into the auction? Thanks :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
You do realize that the frag auction/swap is at Anthony's place in Burnaby, BC... right? :wink:

Road trip!!!!!:lol:

hockey nut
06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I'll have some Red people eater palys, whamin watermelon zoas, Radio active dragon eyes, UFO palys, lunar palys, Purple death paly, and a large frag of blue eye favia and some other stuff.

Gee
06-24-2010, 10:18 PM

oh, I'd like some of both cyphastrea as well as red base pink polyp monti. I may need a new tank after this .... :lol:

Ron99
06-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Anybody coming to the swap want a mediumish hermit crab for free? It's a yellow tip hermit that is full grown and in a 1.5 to 2" shell. It's just to big for my tank.

Milad
06-25-2010, 06:25 AM
gimme it ron!!

Jason McK
06-25-2010, 06:28 AM
OK So Auction Items are closed But don't let that hold you back from selling Items. As posted in the first post. This is a Silent Action and Swap meet. This means if you want to sell something you don't have to be in the auction to sell it. Bring it with you, You may just walk away with some Cash

J

PS> Auction Items and Times will be posted Tomorrow evening

Ron99
06-25-2010, 03:33 PM
gimme it ron!!

ok.

no_bs
06-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Change of plans, won't be making it

Jason McK
06-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Here is a schedule to see what is in the auction and when. Please understand that this schedule is very fluid and no one will be held responsible if you miss and Item you wanted because of last minute schedule changes

Auction End Time 11:30
Pink with green mouth purple rim chalice
superman monti
Wonder Woman Zoa
Red People Eaters
Fire and Ice Zoas
Purple Death Paly
Orange Crush Acan
Auction End Time 12:00
Green/blue with yellow highlight chalice
orange/green/blue ric
Green Pipe Organs
Fire Engine Montis
Bluestar Zoa
Purple tip Acro
BWA Zoa
Auction End Time 12:30
Blue Magician Paly 3 polyps
superman monti
Fire Engine Montis
Rainbow Monti
Radioactive Dragon Eyes
Blastomussa Wellis
Auction End Time 1:00
Aussie Prism
Rainbow Monty.
Superman Monti
Green Slimer
Bluestar Zoa
Green Purple Zoas
Radioactive Dragon Eyes
Assorted Mushrooms
Auction End Time 1:30
Sponge Bob Favia 3 polyps
meteor shower cyphastrea
Green Pipe Organs
Purple Fission Zoas
Intense Blue Zoa
Big Pink Paly
Orange/Green Ricordia
BWA Zoa
Auction End Time 2:00
toxic cyphastrea
Boyscout Zoa
Agent Orange Zoa
Watermelon Zoa
Watermelon Zoa
Purple Death Paly

johnyens
06-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Hello,

I am looking forward to the meet tomorrow. I have some pulsing xenia that I need to get rid of. Would anyone be interested in a trade if I brought it with me?

-John

fkshiu
06-27-2010, 05:27 AM
I don't see my joker favia there. Was I too late to make the list?

ScubaSteve
06-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Well folks, I won't be able to attend tomorrow anymore. Someone just decided to hit-n-run my car tonight on the way home, so I'm going to dealing with this BS tomorrow.

Really I was only coming to grab a frag of Anthony's awesome purple bonsai and one other nice frag for the new tank. If someone can take pity on this cursed soul, could you save me a frag?:cry:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll save you a frag or if they all sell, then I'll make you a fresh one when you can make it over here.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-27-2010, 09:46 AM
So, after fragging for the last month, I will have available:

Purple bonsai/purple plasma/bali tricolour frags
Deep red chalice frags
Photosynthetic gorg. frags (purple, purple whip & orange rod) - have had for over a year in captivity now, so very hardy for gorgs.
Neon green zoas
Neon orange zoas
Duncans (frags & small colonies)
Green hammers (frags & small colonies)
Green Favia frags
Green Pipe Organ
3 Aussie War Coral (Neon orange-red with pastel baby-blue/green centers).
Blue-Green trumpet coral (small colony).
Purple Rhodactis indica mushroom colony (4 shrooms)
Med. toadstool with long polyps (if anybody is interested).

The vast majority of these have been aquacultured, either in my tank or another local reefers' tank, so should be very hardy.

See you all in the morning/early afternoon.

Yard has been prepped.

Deck is stained.

4 patio tables & 1 huge table & 2 small "tables" are set up with chairs for the sellers. The huge table can easily handle 3 sellers but is on the lawn & not on the covered deck.

2 bbqs prepped & ready for firing.

Malaysian curry chicken with potatoes & eggs is cooked & soaking up the flavours.

Cutlery, plates, paper towels, chips, salsa ready.

Wife & possibly parents set to help host/cook.

Seating for 30+ crazed reefers is all set.

Now if someone can bring us some good weather, we're golden.:wink:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-27-2010, 10:23 AM
For those who have never been or can't remember how to get here, Mapquest or Googlemap it.

The address again is:

604-868-5553 or 604-437-6172

I have stacked several salt buckets next to my driveway by the street so reefers can spot the place.:wink:

Come around the right side of the four-plex to get to my backyard where the swap meet will be taking place.

Well its almost 3:30am so good night & see you all here tomorrow. Can't promise that the host will be bright eyed or bushy tailed though.

TheKid
06-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm probably gonna be the youngest there at 15:mrgreen: lol

Jason McK
06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't see my joker favia there. Was I too late to make the list?

If you want it in the auction That's no problem. Sorry I only listed what I had pictures of. Anyway I'm just going to buy it anyway LOL. Or was that Christy

J

christyf5
06-27-2010, 02:07 PM
If you want it in the auction That's no problem. Sorry I only listed what I had pictures of. Anyway I'm just going to buy it anyway LOL. Or was that Christy

J

LOL thats why he wants it in the auction :razz:

Rogue951
06-27-2010, 02:45 PM
arg, too bad I have to double shift today till midnight.
I'll just have to harass you guys for frags some other time. =)
enjoy the day! hope the weather holds out for you all!.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm probably gonna be the youngest there at 15:mrgreen: lol

Nope, Felicia will be:wink: She just turned 2:razz: Yet she can ID my Vlamingi tang, Yellow tang, etc.

Jason McK
06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Could everyone bring a pen? I seem to have missplaced my stash.

Thanks
J

apexifd
06-27-2010, 04:28 PM
hmm... now I wonder how much I will be spending today...

looking forward to meet you guys. hoping to get alot of zoa today.

Peter

Jason McK
06-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Just wanted to Thank
Irene, Anthony, Felicia and Anthony's Parents for a Great event.

Lots of Great frags and deals on equipment. Saw a few people walk away with some real bargains.

Great to see you all.

hockey nut
06-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Yes a big Thank You to Anthony and Family for hosting the frag swap/auction. It was a great event.

Who won the Joker Favia ??????????? :wink:

Thanks again to Anthony for letting us use your house and Thanks to Jason for organizing the event and auction.

Great job fellas!

TheKid
06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
thanks for everything guys, got some nice frags:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Jason McK
06-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I also want to extend a HUGE thank you to

Blue World Aquatics and Oceanic Corals for their very generous donations

Thanks
J

Chowder
06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks Anthony and family for hosting... Was great to see everyone again and get some great deals on some premium stuff. Thanks Jason for organizing this event.

Chris

Ron99
06-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks from me as well. It was another great event and several people ended up with some amazing deals on frags etc.

reeferious
06-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Many thanks to Anthony and family for hosting today's meet. And yes it was very hard to drag myself away from ogling our host's many splendid tanks.

apexifd
06-28-2010, 02:15 AM
thanks for the event... almost all the zoas I got today, are settled in and open up already.

thanks for the hockey nut for the freebie with the purchase of the watermelon zoa.

thanks for the 4 frags I got from Doug through the auction.

btw... who the the seller with a pulsing xenia in a marineland carbon jug?

Peter

christyf5
06-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanks to Anthony and family for hosting (great curry!!) and the Reef Network for putting on such a great event. It was great to see everyone again and get some awesome corals.

Thanks to Callum for distracting Chris while I ran away with the Joker Favia :razz:

Milad
06-28-2010, 03:14 AM
who's doug on the board? i like his zoas

Chowder
06-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Doug is pinhead....

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-28-2010, 05:39 AM
I also want to extend a HUGE thank you to

Blue World Aquatics and Oceanic Corals for their very generous donations

Thanks
J

Yes, thanks for the donations. That was awesome.

Thanks all the people who came and participated in another fun local reefing event. Irene asks "why just once a year?" so I guess she had a good, if busy, time.

Thank you Jason for organizing this event & keeping the silent auction on track.

My family & I had a great time and will be happy to host future Reef Network events.

Maybe a summer bbq?:wink:

Anthony

Milad
06-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Would it be wrong if we had cedar plank salmon at the BBQ?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I make cedar plank salmon all the time in the summer. Cedar plank gem tang would be wrong though:wink:

hockey nut
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks to Anthony and family for hosting (great curry!!) and the Reef Network for putting on such a great event. It was great to see everyone again and get some awesome corals.

Thanks to Callum for distracting Chris while I ran away with the Joker Favia :razz:

Anytime I can help out Christy. :mrgreen:

Gee
06-29-2010, 06:22 AM
I'd like to say thanks for the day too Anthony ... GREAT JOB ... sorry Rob for stealing all the auctions :twised: ... pm me and I'll get you some frags when they are ready!

Garry