PDA

View Full Version : Vortech question

Jackie
06-01-2010, 02:48 PM
My Vortech MP20 controller always flash red lights.
I have to disconnect power to reset it.
It will be ok if I stay on shot pulse mode.
Any idea?
Thanks

toxic111
06-01-2010, 02:50 PM
you might have to reset it, is it still running? or stopping?

If you look through their website it will tell you how to reset it. I had to do it to MP10

mike31154
06-01-2010, 06:16 PM
There's info in the manual and on the EcoTech site online FAQs on error codes, what they mean and how to remedy/reset. What other light colour is associated with the red flash? According to the MP20 manual, here are the codes & explanation:

Troubleshooting
Error Codes

Red/Yellow
Over Temperature Condition
In the event of a motor overheating, the pump will automatically shut down for a period to allow for cooling. Once the motor has cooled, the driver will automatically restart and resume normal operation. You may experience an overheating error from a misalignment.

Red/Green
Stall Condition
In the event of a motor stall, the pump may have stopped for a few possible reasons. You should first check that there is not something blocking the propeller from spinning. Next, check to make sure the magnets are not rubbing on either the pin spacer or the frame cover.

Red/Blue
Miscellaneous Error
This error could be attributed to a communication error between pumps or an unidentified error in the wave driver. Move the drivers closer together and minimize any physical obstructions in between the drivers.

Red/White
Pump Disconnect Error
Enabled after performing the Pump Disconnect Calibration (Pg.5). This error is directly attributed to the Wet Side and the Dry Side becoming disconnected from each other and will cause the motor to shut off.

It's best to contact the EcoTech customer support directly if you're unable to solve the issue, they're very committed and helpful to their customers.

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/themes/ecotech/pdf/Mp20_manual_1.1.pdf

http://ecotechmarine.com/faq/troubleshooting/q-my-pumps-driver-is-blinking-what-do-the-different-led-error-codes-indicate/