PDA

View Full Version : Ricordea mushrooms..why so expensive??

JenniferL
06-01-2010, 02:00 AM
I happened to be in one of the lfs about 2 weeks ago and noticed that they had some pink ricordea shrooms for sale for $90/shroom. Are they all this expensive or are these ones just rare? I have looked on other sites before at nicer looking ones for $20-30/shroom.:confused:

BlueTang<3
06-01-2010, 02:10 AM
just overpriced they are cool but not worth that

JenniferL
06-01-2010, 02:40 AM
kinda what I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

Veng68
06-01-2010, 03:12 AM
There are no longer any legal collections of Rics in Florida for many years and the only places they come out of now are Haiti (not sure where else).

Cheers,
Vic

Bayside Corals
06-01-2010, 03:22 AM
There is 100% for sure legal collection of Ricordea. Soft corals or not protected only the rock they come on.

BlueWorldAquatic
06-01-2010, 03:49 AM
just overpriced they are cool but not worth that

Wes, I can actually say that is not the truth in all cases, have you seen a full fire engine Ricordia in a LFS lately? That's because they are rare.

A few things that set the prices in our business are the rarity, size, and color. We just can't overprice brown mushrooms can we?

Why do you think your goldflake angel is so costly? or a crosshatch trigger? but not a niger or picasso trigger? I used to think the prices were crazy until I had to bring livestock into Canada.

There is 100% for sure legal collection of Ricordea. Soft corals or not protected only the rock they come on.

+1, all soft corals can be brought into Canada without CITES, as long as they are not connected to rock, but be warned even with frag plugs CBS may still stop the importation of such corals.

Ken - BWA

BlueTang<3
06-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Wes, I can actually say that is not the truth in all cases, have you seen a full fire engine Ricordia in a LFS lately? That's because they are rare.

A few things that set the prices in our business are the rarity, size, and color. We just can't overprice brown mushrooms can we?

Why do you think your goldflake angel is so costly? or a crosshatch trigger? but not a niger or picasso trigger? I used to think the prices were crazy until I had to bring livestock into Canada.

i was referring to Another Store i have no problems with ur pricing

JenniferL
06-01-2010, 04:11 AM
I agree completely, I just have to wonder that if a coral sits in a store for 3+ months that maybe there is a reason why it hasn't sold yet. So rather than have it become overgrown with hair algae wouldn't it make sense to drop the price a bit so that the inventory moves.:wink: