PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish and Antennata Lionfish together?

bigfish
05-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm planning a 65g Pred Tank and was wondering, will different species of lionfish coexist together? Or is it best to stick with one species? And how many would you reccomend? Other tankmates being considered are yellow eyed kole tang (or something else for algae. Any other ideas???) and a niger trigger or clown trigger. Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share.

justinl
05-30-2010, 07:41 PM
different lion species should coexist okay as long as they are similarly sized; I've seen lions eat much smaller lions. a 65g is too small for a P. volitans so make sure you know that it is not one of those.

triggers are generally a bad idea with lions because they tend to nip at the lion's fins and/or eat all the food before the much slower lion can.

bigfish
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I've heard that fuzzy dwarf lions and dwarf lions may pick at each other in a smaller tank. Should i be concerned about this happening in my 65g? I would like 2 fuzzy dwarfs and maybe when they get a little bigger (ei 6 monthes down the road getting an Anneneta) Good idea? Other opions on good tankmates that wouldn't compete too much for food?

bigfish
05-31-2010, 08:26 PM
anyone?