PDA

View Full Version : The most indestructible coral is...

whatcaneyedo
05-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Green Star Polyps. I've removed the rock from the display tank and left them in a dark sump for several months, burned them with a butane torch, scrubbed them with a tooth brush, smothered them with epoxy, peeled as much of them as I can off of the rock and still they keep coming back and wont die. I guess my mistake was not doing all of these things at the exact same time. Now what I don't understand is occasionally I encounter someone who cant keep them alive. I can only imagine that they must be accidentally keeping them in a fresh water tank...

Mushrooms, kenya tree, aptasia and anthelia were all MUCH easier to get rid of. Oh well, time to pull out the torch again. :twised: In 20 to 30 years when most (all?) of out natural reefs are dead and gone we will still have green star polyps growing along the tropical shorelines. :cry:

Dyspnea
05-29-2010, 08:56 PM
GSP are pretty tough. MY vote for SPS is the infamous brown digi. someone is always trying to sell frags of it.

4lti7ude
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Mine has started to try growing onto the back glass of my tank, so I can see its trying to spread. I herd they can spread by shooting off polyps into the current...

Is it a bad idea to have star polyps in a tank if you dont want them to go crazy??

Marlin65
05-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Hate to say it but I had some real nice ones and they just slowly died.
So I must be one of the few that can't keep those alive.:lol: