PDA

View Full Version : ozone makes me happy

lockrookie
05-29-2010, 04:47 AM
so i had a slow work day on thursday and tackled the install of the ozone processor. tied it into the skimmer on a low setting and have it running only durring the day for now. i do want to eventually hook it up to a timer and have it turn on and off intermittenly as well as vent the skimmer in a different way to reduce possibilities of fumes.

but i will say this ozone is my friend.. i have complained about green water yellow water (no i didnt pee in it...yet). but just in one day im impressed with the clarity of the water. and i didnt have to clean the front glass this morning of algea build up. so very stoked. as i notice changes or mishaps ill post them here for anyone interested.

Skimmerking
05-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Ya Ozone is sweet just watch your nitrates that is all they will began to build up on you since ozone converts the ammonia and nitrites super fast. and if you can't keep up with the conversion then you will have high nitrates. like I did.

how about a before and after picture

lockrookie
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
ill be watching my levels to check for that it is a concern and will try to post pics we are still trying to figure out our new camera due to our dog knocked our old one on the floor and screwed it up.. its what we get for having a zoo in our home.

2 dogs 1 cat 1 hedgehog 1 parrot 2 love birds and 2 tanks 1 rabbit lol what will i add next