PDA

View Full Version : Jaw fish being harrased by starry blenny

jarrid
05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I just bought a blue spottted jaw fish ( very nice ) and introduced him to my tank, but now am noticing that my starry algae blenny is chasing him around, will this stop at some point or is the blenny gonna harass my jawfish, who is worth three times as much, until the jawfish dies of stress ?? Should i just leave them to work it out or should i try to remove the blenny ???

Madreefer
05-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I had a sailfin blenny do that to a black leopard wrasse until he killed it. I would catch the blenny and keep the jawfish. The price you paid for each fish is reason enough.

andestang
05-23-2010, 06:04 PM
One needs to be removed as the jawfish will lose, just to timid of a fish. The stress will kill it if it doesn't jump first. Love Blue Spotted jaws, that would be my choice. Good luck.

naesco
05-24-2010, 12:49 AM
one needs to be removed as the jawfish will lose, just to timid of a fish. The stress will kill it if it doesn't jump first. Love blue spotted jaws, that would be my choice. Good luck.

+1

Bugsy
05-25-2010, 12:30 AM
This is the very last time I ever get a blenny. Not only did it create a sandstorm in my tank but my purple firefish whom was in there first was so stressed from this little critter. It was a sailfin blenny and what a mean little guy, nasty beast and I have one sexy shrimp missing to boot....:sad:

He is now gone and i will never get another blenny again. I have tried many different kinds they are all the same, NASTY

Your jawfish is a much nicer fish so I would get that blenny out asap.

Good luck they are hard to get out once in a tank. Just so your jawfish does not become to stressed from it all I would try and remove the jawfish if you can and then the chasing begins.

Good Luck
:mrgreen: