PDA

View Full Version : Nate's First Build

anaitari
05-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I am starting my first Salt water tank. It's a 5 foot acrylic approximately 90g.( Thanks to Finley) With a small sump built into the back of it. It overflows on one side and returns on the other. I just have some live rock rubble in the back for now. There is about 90lbs of live rock and a 3" sand bed as I would like some jawfish :) I have 2 Koralia 4's and 2 Koralia 3's for circulation and a Cannister filter with rubble and carbon to help with filtration. The lighting is a 48" coralife pc at 260w which is a little low but I mainly want softies in this tank. So I will be looking for frags or colonies when I'm cycled ( HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE to all fellow canreefers ) lol My levels are almost there now as I added established rock to the system but still taking it slow. Thats about all for now....I'll keep you updated This about what I have for pic for now...I need to build something for my light so the wood is temporary. Any tips or thoughts will be appreciated

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/anaitari/DSCN3399.jpg

cuz
05-23-2010, 04:32 PM
looks like a good start.
you can buy the legs for coralife fixtures seperately from most lfs that sell those fixtures

anaitari
05-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanx I'll take a look

Wingin It
05-25-2010, 01:35 AM
You got some nice lookin' rock there Nate! You definately need some fish in that thing!