PDA

View Full Version : Where to put heater in 8gal Biocube? Advice please.

Funkytone
05-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey All,

Well, after 1.5 years without a tank, I'm back. Started getting the shakies just like every other one of the addicts out there (you know who you are :biggrin: )

Anyways, I picked up an 8gal Biocube and am in the middle of setting it up except.... i can't figure out where to put the heater, without putting it in the main display area. Its a Eheim Jager 50W and isn't a special "short" model or anything, actually i don't know if there is such a thing available? But I tried the first chamber and its too short because of a floor between the upper and lower intakes, the second chamber also has a false floor which i'm putting carbon in the bottom and live rock on top (no bioballs thank you very much) and the third chamber is the right depth BUT it touches the stock pump at the bottom and I can see that the previous owner did that and there is a corner that has been melted because of it.

So can anyone who's had an 8gal BioCube give me some pointers, or of course, can anyone else give me some advice as to how to go about this?

Thanks a lot

-Tony

pirate
05-20-2010, 04:24 AM
With the larger biocubes most people punch out that false floor in chamber 1. There is lots of sites on the web for these tanks with lots of mods and interestion things to do with them.

lorenz0
05-20-2010, 04:30 AM
i ordered the stealth 50watt and it has more than enough space in chamber 1. take a look into those, they are $25

Ron99
05-20-2010, 05:56 AM
When I had an 8 gallon Biocube I did as was suggested, punched out the floor in chamber 1 and put the heater there.

gobytron
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
get a hydor Theo...
Aweome little 50w heater.