PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Hikari Krill vs Ocean Nutrition and San Francisco

whatcaneyedo
05-19-2010, 05:40 AM
After feeding my large snowflake moray eel and lionfish San Francisco Bay brand krill and then Ocean Nutrition for several years I switched to Hikari recently because the others were no longer available and boy I'm glad I did! Hikari krill on average seems twice as large as Ocean Nutrition! I wish I had switched sooner but I think Hikari was more expensive so I just never bothered looking at it. Krill is krill right? Well I guess not. Ocean Nutrition krill would have individuals not much larger than PE Mysis... Imagine trying to satisfy the appetite of a 2' moray eel by offering it teeny-tiny krill one at a time on a stick! I dreaded the days when I'd have to spend two to three as long to feed my fish because of that.

Now if only someone would develop a packaged squid for saltwater fish that didn't have the consistency of hamburger. Big fish need big whole food not mulch. :rolleyes: I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath and just check out the seafood section of the grocery store.

Madreefer
05-23-2010, 05:02 PM
I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath and just check out the seafood section of the grocery store.

While your at, it get yourself a good food processor. Saves on alot of chopping.