PDA

View Full Version : American Marine Wireless Thermometer and Ph Monitors

Madreefer
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Has anyone had luck with these things. J&L replaced the sensor 2 months ago due to reading about 10 degrees too high. Now this morning my tank is sitting at 113C. Time for a fish fry I guess. The other issue I'm having is with my Ph monitor. The last 2 probes have been really hard to calibrate and get way out of whack after a few weeks. But on my controllor all is well and it is the A M Pinpoint as well. I don't need the monitor but I got it 'cause it was one less thing to test. Any problems with Milwaukee?

Madreefer
05-19-2010, 12:59 AM
So nobody has compared American Marine to Milwaukee?

Chowder
05-19-2010, 01:18 AM
I have a Thermometer that I bought 2 years ago . The first sensor lasted about a month which J@L replaced and the second lasted 24 months and went out of wack. It has been sitting in a box ever since.

Chris

Willito
05-19-2010, 02:27 AM
I bought a used one that worked fine for about two months and then it starting displaying wacky numbers. I think it's the sensor that malfunctioned but haven't had time to prove it. The previous owner had used it for about 6 months. By the looks of it, many reviews I've read had pointed to the sensor not being very durable. I am starting to believe this and probably won't invest any more coins towards it.

Madreefer
05-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I won't be getting a new one either or bothering J&L for warranty. Any reveiws on Milwaukee Ph monitors?