PDA

View Full Version : Little Yellow Anemone

EmptyMind
11-02-2003, 06:23 AM
Again, Morning..

I was down at a store about a week ago and saw some very bright yellow Anemone's. Very Small, Some mixed with Zoos, some sold as a colony of its own. It looked very much like Aiptaisia but was very, very yellow.

Has anyone Seen or heard of these guys? Is this just some yellow Aiptaisia that I dont want in my tank at all? or something cool and colorfull to add to my currently dreary tank.

EmptyMind

Aquattro
11-02-2003, 06:24 AM
Like these?

http://www.mjc70.co.uk/polyps.htm

They're fine.

EmptyMind
11-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Actually.. I would say very much like those..

thank you.. :)

Bob I
11-02-2003, 04:56 PM
A small word of caution about Yellow Polyps. They are sometimes listed as being easy to keep, but that is only partially true. They flourish in some tanks, but not in others. I bought some over a year ago, and they just disappeared. (I still have the rock they arrived on, because it has a Sand Clam on it). I recently got some more, and they are doing fine. :confused:

Samw
11-02-2003, 05:07 PM
I'll have some for sale soon. They do spread like wildfire. They need to be fed.

I nearly lost the entire colony when my tan BTA stung them. I had many 10 good polyps left. But over a few months, they've completely regrown back to colony size without much target feeding.

My Yellow Polyps Link (http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/Coral/YellowPolyps/index.htm)

Bob I
11-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Do they like that freeze dried phytoplankton Sam :question: :question:

Samw
11-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Do they like that freeze dried phytoplankton Sam :question: :question:

Are you talking about cyclop-eeze? The yellow polyps will eat almost anything that it can catch which includes cylop-eeze, flake, and frozen brine, mysis, etc. I haven't tried nori. :smile: Probably won't eat that.

My red gorgonian will catch and appear to eat the cyclop-eeze as well. They also catch flake.

Bob I
11-02-2003, 05:43 PM
I was actually speaking of ESV spray dried marine phytoplankton Sam. :neutral:

Samw
11-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Bob, I don't know if Yellow Polyps will eat phytoplankton.

EmptyMind, I have frags available now. Its $10 if you want one. There's around 6-10 polyps on there.

Bob I
11-30-2003, 05:17 PM
I'll have some for sale soon. They do spread like wildfire. They need to be fed.

I nearly lost the entire colony when my tan BTA stung them. I had many 10 good polyps left. But over a few months, they've completely regrown back to colony size without much target feeding.

My Yellow Polyps Link (http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/Coral/YellowPolyps/index.htm)

Could you tell me how you go about target feeding them Sam :question: So far I have just thrown some powdered flake into the tank (it is a 15 gallon with nothing but zoanthids in it), in the hope they will catch some. :confused:

Samw
11-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Bob. I turn off my pumps and drop a bunch of brine shrimp over them. They are also located in the corner of the tank where the powerhead can blow food to so they get indirect food from when I feed the fish as well.

EmptyMind
12-02-2003, 03:01 AM
Cool.. Just send me a message on how to pick them up and I will make it out there.. :)