PDA

View Full Version : my 90s future plane

kris
11-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Well the 90-gallon is basically finished. Well the bar bones of it. I just thought I would post what I figure I will do to finish it off. I’m mainly looking for opinions and thoughts on what to use.

Well the first step is to get a skimmer, I'm thinking a Becket.. I want to some serious skimming going on.

Then I think its time to get an RO/DI system... any thoughts on who to go with?

Then the Calcium reactor... not to sure what to get here, but I have heard good things about Wendell kits.

Then it’s onto a closed loop. I hate power heads in the tank. They look messy. And they take up a fair amount of room. So I was thinking a dual closed loop.

Then the lighting, I figure I will go with the pfo dual HQI 250 MH running, and then if I need supplementing i will do the URI actinic on a WH7 or something.

So that is the basics for equipment what dose every one think? I do not have a lot of room in my stand so it has to cram in there nicely.

Cheers

kris
11-02-2003, 06:45 PM
hmm no one has a sugestion on what equipment to use?

StirCrazy
11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
sounds good. yup go with a becket run of a pressur rated pump, get a Ca reactor (very very easy to build your self) and get a RO/DI (depending how long till you need it I might be able to save you some money on a RO unit.

Steve

Dresden
11-02-2003, 09:16 PM
BUY GOOD EQUIPMENT!!! :cool: :biggrin: