PDA

View Full Version : rtn?

props
11-01-2003, 05:48 AM
yesterday i watched my acro die about 3.5"tall =o(
@ 4pm notice some mucus coming out from the polyps
@ 5pm the tips looked like its being blech turning from flourescent green to white
@ 6pm more mucus coming out 'bout 35% from top tip down had turned pure white
@ 7pm the whole thing is white as a sand, green flourescent tissue's all gone.. did see some red bugs on it may 2 or 3
around midnight some green slime started growing on the tips

this morning saw my monti cap experiencing the same thing so fragged the area where the tissues are coming off when i got home early this evening ev'rything in the tank looks normal same with the cap

i've had the acropora now for 3 weeks or more
and the monti cap for a couple of weeks

tank parameters are the ff:
ph-8.2
salinity-1.023 (did 5gallon wc over the weekend as well water was 1.026)
alk-8-9dkh
nitrate-5ppm
ammonia-0
nitrite-0
phosphate-0
silicate-0
temp- ranges from 72-77 degress fareignheight
ca-460ppm (overdosing maybe?)

i did add some tank raised acros i picked up from a local supplier last weekend and all of them are doing really well

ne clue what happened guys?
=o(

Aquattro
11-01-2003, 07:32 AM
I'd look into stopping that temp swing. If this was a wild acro, sometimes they just do that!

props
11-01-2003, 02:33 PM
hey ref_raf
the frag was cultured by a local supplier
=o(

robbyville
11-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Could it in part have been brought about due to the rapid Specific gravity change? that's a pretty big swing from one water change.

I unfortunately am just starting with SPS but just a thought,

Rob

Jack
11-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Ya, RTN can be a bugger. Loosing corals is as bad as loosing fish, IMO. :redface:

Most likley the coral got upset by a recent change or shock, could be the waterchange or maybe the temp swings finnally got to it but in the end it's hard to really pinpoint the causes. Like Brad said "sometimes they just do that!" :neutral:

props
11-02-2003, 03:55 AM
well its almost 9
and the monti cap is slowly losing it tissues again
its almost at the center
:cry: