PDA

View Full Version : First Time

rayjay
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, one of my reidi pairs has been what appeared to be an egg transfer all day but they just couldn't seem to connect at all.
They are only using the top half of the tank for some reason.
Then, about an hour ago, I watched while she tried to deposit in the pouch, but most ended up outside it and he spent the last while thrashing around to try to dislodge the strings of eggs hanging outside the pouch.
I don't know if many made it into the pouch but I guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks now to find out.

zenafish
05-11-2010, 05:24 PM
at least they're transfering...that's more than i can say for mine...

best of luck!

rayjay
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks Zena!
I think you got yours shortly after I got these ones from SeaU on Dec 15, 09 so maybe yours are due soon also.
The angustus are not doing anything but the barbs are at least doing a morning swim around now.
Erectus are just hopeless with their continually refusing one anothers attention.

saltwaterseahorses
05-19-2010, 11:47 PM
where is SeaU located?

rayjay
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Markham Ontario.

saltwaterseahorses
05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
oh ok kool

rayjay
05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I should have mentioned that I'm getting 8 reidi shipped tomorrow, and next month 8 erectus and some dwarfs, from BlueWorldAquatics in Edmonton.
That is a lot closer to you.
I'm buying and having shipped to London Ontario because of the reputation that BWA has for looking after customers, and lately he has been bringing in TRUE captive bred seahorses that I want.
You might like to get some erectus seahorses when they come in.
They are bred by a lady in Florida and being shipped ONLY to BlueWorldAquatics at the moment. Drop Ken a line if you are interested in these.
Also, they should be a little cheaper than the offshore True captive bred.
There are cheaper horses available but they are tank raised and net pen raised so there is a higher failure rate than with the true CB.