PDA

View Full Version : Crab ID

Eb0la11
05-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Hey guys,
so I've had several crabs kicking around in my reef tank for a while. Im certain of at least 2 hitchhikers and also a couple emerald crabs I've put in on my own. I think they are awesome and up until today they have posed no problems.

I want to know if that will remain the case or if this guy is likely a culprit of future problems? The reason Im asking is cause tonight I flipped on my light switch at 11:35 pm and this little guy was climbing on my clam. What do you think of him? He's done no damage to my corals. I've seen maybe 1-2 blue legged hermits get killed, but I dunno if it was him, and if it was, frankly, I dont really care. This guy's too cool to worry about a couple blue legged hermits. Anyways hes about the size of a toonie. Hopefully this picture is enough.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/Eb0la11/Photo18.jpg

fishytime
05-08-2010, 02:07 PM
looks like either a mithrax or gorilla to me.......if you didnt add it, you dont want it......to the sump or the tank in the bathroom:wink:

kien
05-08-2010, 02:12 PM
If you don't want them you are welcome to bring them over on Sunday. I have a trigger that the crabs can play with. :lol:

Eb0la11
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
If you don't want them you are welcome to bring them over on Sunday. I have a trigger that the crabs can play with. :lol:

hahaha I think I'm gonna keep him for a bit. I've sumped him for now until I figure out what to do with him. For all I know he was just saying hello to my clam. I can't say for sure he was causing harm cause I was aware he was in there for 6 months now and havent really had any "problems".