PDA

View Full Version : fragging pulsing xenia

tinman
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
hey so what exactly is the best way to frag pulsing xenia.
thanks

doch
05-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow... wish I had that problem... I'd like to know how to prevent it from spreading!!

It's a VERY tough coral. Cut it, wait for it to attach to a rock beside and it will split on it's own, watch for the places where it has dropped polyps off and grab them.... once you've done any of that, elastic band it to a rock or frag plug.... it will do the rest.

fsjman
05-08-2010, 12:32 AM
I cut it then stick a toothpick through and rubberband it to something

soapy
05-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I cut it then stick a toothpick through and rubberband it to something

Yep the toothpick method works good. If they keeping tearing out of the toothpick the bridal veil method works well too. As far as the actual fragging just cut them up any old way you like. Cutting the whole head off is fine the original stalk will sprout back too.

Frenchie2
05-09-2010, 07:56 AM
What is the bridal veil method?

Bloodasp
05-09-2010, 08:52 AM
You cover the xenia and the rock with a fine mesh cloth until the frag sticks to the rock.

burgerchow
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
use a knife and try to peel off the stalks off the rocks. If done slowly, can usually get the whole root off. Use an elastic band and tie it rather loosely to a disc or rock frag. Don't tie too tight, as being a soft coral, the rubber band can actually cut it in two. After a couple of days, it's root should have attached to the rock.

tinman
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
ok so i just cut the head and abit of the small stalk off the main stalk and thats it and more or less glue it down and the main stalk will sprout again!