PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List

sumpfinfishe
10-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Yeah yeah :rolleyes: I know I'm starting early, but I was surfing today and found this little goodie :biggrin: I wonder if I have been good enough for this little toy :cool:
http://aquadirect.com/catalog/chillers/iceprobe.htm

Has anyone ever used one of these units before, or heard anything on there general performance :question:

Van down by the river
10-30-2003, 08:25 AM
It's a cool "toy" for the $400 CDN it will cost you I'd say don't bother.

1/5 HP Inline titanium chillers I think start at between 700-800 and 1/4 HP $800. I could be a little off with the prices but still, I know they will actually work. I haven't personally used the ICEPROBE but I have been told a few times from different sources not to bother. I just bought 1/4 HP chillers and they have been working fine for 7+ years with no problems. Maybe check Reef central for reviews? I think if they made a larger model it would be more feasable. If Santa gets you one, let us know Rich.

StirCrazy
10-30-2003, 01:02 PM
about a year ago on RC there was a over whelming amout of people that said they didn't work very good at all. I agree with Van.. buy a real chiller.

Steve

sumpfinfishe
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info guy's, I'm sure glad I haven't seen them forsale at my LFS, otherwise that might have been a bad impulse buy :biggrin:

And I was not surprised to get a response from you-Steve, I new when I posted this thread that "Steve the techno wizzard" would be one of the first to reply. :razz: :mrgreen:

How's things go'n James?, what are you up to these day's? Drop me a PM, we should go out for a cold one sometime soon.

Thanks again,

StirCrazy
10-31-2003, 02:19 AM
And I was not surprised to get a response from you-Steve, I new when I posted this thread that "Steve the techno wizzard" would be one of the first to reply. :razz: :mrgreen:

Thanks again,

I hope you meen that in a good way :eek: :mrgreen:

Steve

Dorkel Marine 1
10-31-2003, 06:35 AM
Dido on the techno wizard stuff. We appreciate your input no matter how biased.

George :biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
10-31-2003, 07:44 AM
Well, if I meant it in a bad way Steve, I would have called you the techno geek instead of wizzard :razz: :mrgreen:

LostMind
10-31-2003, 08:28 AM
hey.. some people prefer to be called geeks. :)

Samw
11-17-2003, 07:38 AM
How about this one Rich?

Aquamedic Chiller (http://oceanencounter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OE&Product_Code=AMTET1MC&Category_Code=chill)

You can start keeping those cold water neon green anemones.

sumpfinfishe
11-17-2003, 07:47 AM
I see one of Santa's little helpers came through :mrgreen:
Nice find Sam, that unit sounds to:cool: to be true :exclaim:
Now if I could only convince a LFS to order one in :rolleyes:

Thanks Sam,
I will add that to the top of my list :biggrin:

LostMind
11-17-2003, 09:09 AM
heh, that is nice. Too bad it wont work for my 120gallon tank... could maybe lower the temp by 1 degree...

StirCrazy
11-17-2003, 01:11 PM
well that has a max size of 30 gal, after that you are going to find they wont work to good.

Steve