PDA

View Full Version : Giesemann Alternatives

Dyspnea
05-07-2010, 03:05 AM
I've been back and forth debating on lighting systems. I believe that the best solution for my needs is this fixture.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/gi-i4825/48+Inch+Giesemann+Infiniti+Lighting+Fixture+2x250W +MH+%2B+4x54W+T5.html

What draws me to the giesemann is the abililty to due this.... http://www.giesemann.de/index.php?nId=88&nLang=2

One of the most fascinating features of the INFINITI beside the extraordinary light efficiency is DYMAX - a dynamic light adjustment with which allows you to move the HQI lamp and reflector to precisely focus the light on a specific area within the aquarium.

With just one movement you can slide the reflectors along the body to achieve the correct balance of light for a particular situation or simply to avoid strengthening bars across the surface of the tank.

This benefits me the best due to the glass bracing on my aquarium. On other fixtures the halide would be partially occluded by the brace. Now the glass brace probably wouldn't occluded a lot of light, but better safe than sorry.

So my question is, does anyone know of another fixture which allows the halide to be moved? I only ask because 1700 bucks is a lot to throw down:neutral:

Dyspnea
05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
bump

TheDogFather
08-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I used to have the 48" Infiniti over my tank and it is a fine fixture but it does have some drawbacks. The MH's can be width adjusted but they do not provide any filler plates to cover the gaps left on the underside should you decide to re-space the MH reflectors. Another thing that I was not too happy about the efficiency of the T5 reflectors and the heat the fixture threw off and changing bulbs is a huge pain in the rear. I replaced the Infiniti with an all T5 ATI PowerModule and then just ten months after that the LED fixture of my dreams (Vertex Illumina) was finally ready for market just about a month ago and I sold my ATI to go all LED.

I feel that I have finally found the perfect fixture.

Cheers!

-TDF