PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage

Bartman
10-29-2003, 10:26 PM
The power was out here last night, while I was at work, for about 14 hours. Animals don't look too happy. :frown: Tank is only back up to 72F, I don't know how cold it got.

Anyone else affected?

Chad
10-29-2003, 10:57 PM
The power was out here last night, while I was at work, for about 14 hours. Animals don't look too happy. :frown: Tank is only back up to 72F, I don't know how cold it got.

Anyone else affected?

My power was out for maybe 15 mins.. Not long enough to really affect anything.. I hope it all turns out for you.

Chad

LostMind
10-30-2003, 03:23 AM
I was out for 3 hours.

I have a power inverter for my car (to run my laptop) I am now thinking to buy a spare car battery to power my tank when the power fails.

Bartman
10-30-2003, 04:28 AM
All my softies look like shrivelled, dry versions of themselves at the moment. :eek: Water is finally the right temp (81F).

kris
10-30-2003, 06:55 AM
well it looks like its my turn for the power outage.... hey golden69_ca, are you afected by tonights power outage? my tank so far seems fine the fish seem to like the candel light

sumpfinfishe
10-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Yep my :idea:'s went out too!

For about 5hrs, so once I arrived home the tank had dropped by 2 degrees, so I threw in an airstone with a battery backup and also placed a quilt over the entire tank to help insulate it a alittle.

Everything seems ok now, the temps back up and all fish and coral seem to be A-O-K. :biggrin:

This failure did teach me a lesson though, not only did I not have batteries for my flashlight but also for my backup airpump too-which meant I made a mad dash to the local corner store along with everyone else in my city block :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

kris
10-30-2003, 07:12 AM
oh that sucks...

my power is out right now... and its still nice and warm in here but i do worrie. My tank is lighty stocked so that is good....

LostMind
10-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Wow, best of luck everyone without power...

kris
10-30-2003, 05:34 PM
i heard the tank come back online at around 4 i figure. all is good... ( mental note must gert batter powerd air pump)