PDA

View Full Version : juv mimic tang with other dwarf angels?

Coleus
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, thinking of getting a juv mimic tang. But i have 3 dwarf angels already in the tank. Should this cause a problem?

BC Mosaic
05-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Mimic Tangs eventually turn into Chocolate Tangs which is not necessarily a bad thing.
http://www.fantasyreef.com/database.php?p=viewitem&dbid=7&itemid=260

Everything depends on the size of your tank, the amount of rock you got which also supplies their sleeping quarters (very important - most fights happen at bed time when everyone is looking for a safe place to spend the night) and of course the temperment of each angel. There'll be a scuffle in the beginning but it should settle down after half a day or so.

My Lamarck Angel is second-in-command while the Yellow Tang is the Grand Poobah.

HTH

naesco
05-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Well, thinking of getting a juv mimic tang. But i have 3 dwarf angels already in the tank. Should this cause a problem?

If you still have the 155 it would be large enough to accommodate a tang. I
If you have a powder brown, and scopos the addition of another brown fish probably would not be a good idea because the existing brown fish will be doubly aggressive to another brown tang.

Lance
05-04-2010, 12:18 AM
How close is the colouration of the Mimic Tang to the angels?

Coleus
05-04-2010, 04:49 AM
I lost my power brown couple days ago. My salfin tang has been a very good boss. I put in purple tang and did not have any problem. The color of mimic tang does not match any color of my current angels. I will give it a try and see.

Cheers