PDA

View Full Version : 155 gal reef ready tank

Seamonkey
10-29-2003, 12:38 AM
:biggrin: I am looking to upgrade my 90 gal fish only tank with a 155 bowfront reef ready oceanic. This will be with live rock and just fish. Does anyone have any comments on these systems. Any thoughts would help, as it is a pretty big investment.
Thanks, Toni

sumpfinfishe
10-29-2003, 08:02 PM
IMO, I have read alot of bad things on bowfronts over the last year.

The curve in these tanks has to make them weaker.

Do a search on here or on RC, you will find lot's of reading to form your own opinion.

gio
03-01-2004, 10:59 AM
i have a 155 gallon bowfront!!! i havent seen any problems (other than my sea apple wipe out) but as far as the tank goes--so far so good-although time will tell i am sure!!! it is a pretty big investment--but it looks nice--if you dont have lots to put in it it looks sparse--i thought i had lots till i got this thing!!!

best of luck to ya
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

Seriak
03-01-2004, 02:13 PM
My 90 gallon bow is great. No problems. However, looking though a bowfront for extended periods of time close up may cause head aches. Also, pictures are harder to take as the flash always bounces back at you. :lol: :lol:

zulu_principle
03-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Bowfronts, no problems I have even had but never had a 155, had a 500 acrylic bowfront with no problems.

Anyone have one of the concave tanks ?

Saw one in Kentucky at MACNA looked great and unique.

Wendell

Lofus
03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
I've a 72 bow and Its great. The only two drawbacks I have seen so far are:

1) if you stick your nose to the glass and move your head, you will get sick. It's not noticable from a distance of a couple of feet though.

2) building stands and canopies are a PITA due to the bow.

Other than the above, I think they look awesome.

Jim

Delphinus
03-01-2004, 04:48 PM
One thing that I have to add as a drawback is parallax. If you take a picture and your camera is perfectly perpendicular to the glass, you're OK but if you try to take a picture at an angle (i.e., following a moving fish), you get distortion and keystoning and stuff like that.