PDA

View Full Version : Mysid shrimp

incoma
10-28-2003, 06:36 PM
I got this from another board not sure if anyone is interested but:

As many of you are aware, I have been bringing in regular shipments of frozen freshwater mysid shrimp at a just above cost price for CAS members.

If you are unfamiliar with the product, it is a very highly nutritive frozen shrimp that is excellent for both freshwater and marine fish (more info at http://www.mysis.com ).

Well, the time has come for me to do another order, and I am happy to announce that both the larger and smaller graded mysis are available (larger are about 2-4 times the size of an adult brine shrimp, small are about ½ to the same size as an adult brine shrimp). Prices on both are $5 each for an 8 oz (227G) flat (retail is anywhere from $11-$16 for the same-sized flat). I will be taking orders until Monday, November 10, and will be taking delivery on Nov. 13th....payment can be either in advance, or on delivery. Since I do these orders only every 6-8 months (and need to order at least 250 units each time), I suggest ordering an appropriate amount.

Please contact me via e-mail ( toirtis@shaw.ca ), telephone (277-7380), or at tonight's CAS meeting, and let me know how many flats you will want of each size. I will not be ordering many extras, and will not be taking any orders after Nov. 10, so please contact me ASAP.

G. A. Christian Bilou

Buccaneer
10-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Is this guy in Calgary that is placing the order ?

Cheers

rossb
10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
I purchased 8 packages from this fellow earlier this year (i bought some for other people as well) and am getting 12 more now. It is identical to the stuff that I get from riverfront for $15.00.

If anyone wants me to order some for them...well I could do that...you can PM me and I'll keep it until you can pick it up.....

He is on the way home so it is easy for me to pick up...

ross :biggrin:

Samw
10-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Wow. Sounds like CAS is a pretty big organization. Calgary Aquarium Society I assume.

incoma
10-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Yep I think they are a fair group. alot of there members have fresh and salt although society themselves seem to stay away from salt.

Bob I
10-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Wow. Sounds like CAS is a pretty big organization. Calgary Aquarium Society I assume.

They have also been around for a long time. I was the editor of their newsletter until I joined the Navy in 1961. :eek:

Canadian Man
10-29-2003, 05:25 AM

They have also been around for a long time. I was the editor of their newsletter until I joined the Navy in 1961. :eek:

:eek: Not only them, You too have been around for quite some time Bob! :razz:

Bob I
11-02-2003, 05:12 PM
You are quite right Jonathan, but you may have noticed that I have not mellowed a whole lot. :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
11-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Anyone heard from Christian as to whether the mysis are in ?

Cheers

EmilyB
11-15-2003, 02:08 AM
I'm getting mine from Ross tomorrow.

rossb
11-15-2003, 09:46 PM
I have had a couple of emails from Chritian. In the last email he said he was picking them up on thursday and would let me know when they would be available. I have not heard back from him but I have bought them from him before. I wil let you know when he has them available...

ross

rossb
11-16-2003, 07:32 PM
CHRISTIAN WROTE:
Thanks, Ross...the order has been (thanks to Versacold's computer dispatch
system being down) delayed, and will not be arriving in Calgary until this
evening, so I will be picking it up tomorrow around noon, so anytime
tomorroW

IN case anyone was wondering what was happening...If I am getting you some I will have it tomorrow......