PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a skimmer they want to get ride of.

bvlester
05-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi everyone,
I am helping a newbie get setup his tank is just about finished cycling and he does not have a skimmer He does not want to spend to much and his cabinet is a bit on the short side only has 23.5 inches to work with. so I was wondering who has what and how much they want for it. Item will have to be shipped to Kamloops. I have found a couple of skimmers but 1 person is not answering PM's right now and the other was suppose to get back to me this week and didn't, he did have some else interested in his skimmer. His DT is 77g and 33g sump so some around 150g or larger would suffice. I could get any skimmer off the net but would like to find one in good condition and large enough so he can do a small upgrade if he wanted.
I have got him to up the amount he will spend on a used skimmer. doesn't any one have some thing for around 150g or more ??
thank you,
Bill

Ryan
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I have an AquaEuro HOB skimmer goot for 90-100 gallons.

$125

bvlester
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Ttt

dynamite
05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I have an Octopus Dual Recirculating 150 Protein Skimmer [OCT-DDNW-150] I used in my 90 :mrgreen:

It's a monster! Rated for 350! Can be exterior or interior, I had mine next to my tank.

http://www.ca (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64064)nreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64064 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64064)

gobytron
05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Red Sea Prizm Pro.
Factory rated for up to 300 gallons...:wink:

60$ shipped.

bvlester
05-04-2010, 05:31 AM
TTT one more time I have a couple that are bare minumum for size but would like some thing rated for 150 or above. I am also going through the FS and PMing so if you have a PM from me I would like to hear from you. Got to get this newbie a good skimmer. IMO a redsea prizm is not a good skimmer and it will be used in a sump.

Thank you,
Bill

gobytron
05-04-2010, 01:42 PM
It mgith help if you clarified your original post a bit...
It doesn't say anywhere that you are being a stickler for quality.

It seems more like you are looking for a good deal and more concerend with price than quality...

There was a dletec MCE300 for sale the other day on here for around 200$...

StirCrazy
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
It mgith help if you clarified your original post a bit...
It doesn't say anywhere that you are being a stickler for quality.

It seems more like you are looking for a good deal and more concerend with price than quality...

I think he ment not good as in how it was going to be use as aposed to quality. it is a insump aplication from what he said.. so a prisim isn't a good skimmer for that.

Steve

gobytron
05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
FYI, the prizm pro is designed for either in sump or hob functionality.
It's actually easier to dial in when used in sump.

It also has a very short height compared to a lot of other in sump skimmers...

It's still no Deltec though...:razz:

bvlester
05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
that deltec is a HOD and I think it may be spoken for. I am not knoking your Red Sea rizm just not what he is looking for. THis guy will pay up to 250 shipped for a used skimmer in good condition I had one for him but the guy that built his cabinet made it a bit on the short side so that also plays into the situation I could have had 20 skimmers all way better than the one above but they are all to tall. even my Aqau Medic with the optional riser tub that is abot 2.5 unches taller than the short one kames the T1000 to tall. I am going to try and find the short neck and see if he wants the T1000 as I can find them on the net for a decent price and they work very good.

Bill

gobytron
05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey, nothing doing.
I just didn't understand from the original post what the specifics of the skimmer you needed were.

i gotcha now....

bvlester
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
No problem here I just don't take offense to much these days I'd just as well be hitting my Head on a brick wall some times when it comes to finding things for newbies in this hobby. They always start out wanting to spend next to nothing and then gradely they will end up spending quite a bit more as they find out that they have to. So I am going to lend him my skimmer for the time being and this will give me more time to search the other forums and find him a good skimmer that he can use and be happy with. I am limited to what he wants also. This will be newbie #3 that I have helped in to the hobby since I was layed off, goto have some thing to do in between job hunting.

Bill

bvlester
05-13-2010, 02:59 AM
found a octo for the nebie very nice skimmer should do him very well for the up comming years.
can admin delete this thread.

Bill