PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sea Horse

brizzo
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Went to stop by Purple Sea Horse in rutland today to grab some crickets, and the store front was papered off. Then I noticed, they have moved into a bigger unit next store! Woohoo. They have some amazing new tank displays now, and are finally going to have a salt water section. Should be interesting to see what they bring in. This morning they were still moving in their inventory, but the reptile displays were done and look top notch. Huge upgrades over before.

Leah
05-02-2010, 12:01 AM
I will have to make a trip up and check it out. :biggrin: Great to hear. Can't wait to go shopping. :wink:

saltwaterseahorses
05-02-2010, 03:47 AM
where they moving to?

cav~firez22
05-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Mike moved the store to next door. took over an old tanning salon that went under. his store is now double the size. Looks pretty good in there now.

Although, he told me he wasnt doing lots of Salt.... i think 4 tanks, its nice to see he has expanded. The renovation looks great. :)

Myka
05-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey that's great! The Purple Seahorse always had the best (bucket of) salt prices in the Okanagan.

Starry
05-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Yea, I think it's like 39.99 for a pail of instant ocean. Thats where I buy mine. Really glad to hear PS is going saltwater. Selection around here has really sucked since Reefkeepers closed. All that was left in town was Total Pet, Pet City and Interior Reef. (hes setting up a shop in Winfield btw so has no stock till move is compleate) I use Total Pet only for frozen food though.

Sorry for rambling there Naz. lol

mike31154
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Cool, I've purchased salt there a number of times. And Interior Reef setting up in Winfield, nice, since that's closer for me.

dnpbryan
05-03-2010, 03:34 AM
I was there at closing today and it looks like there are at least 10 tanks and a bunch had frag Racks in them. Looks great in there!! Can't hardly wait:biggrin:

Bugsy
05-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Please keep us informed as to what comes in the store and some of the prices too. Not a whole lot to choose from here in Vernon.

:mrgreen:

bkelly
07-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I went in today and some of their tanks have marine velvet, some very sick fish- I decided not to buy from their healthy tanks for now.
Their prices look fair just see how this goes - give it some time I guess. kinda scary.

DNoakes
09-21-2010, 12:08 AM
What is marine velvet, and what do you do if you get it?

Ripwoop
09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
What is marine velvet, and what do you do if you get it?

this link should give you enough info on it. http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=83