PDA

View Full Version : Well it was nice to meet ya all..

DJ88
09-16-2001, 08:25 PM
Hope we can do this again regularly.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Glad some of the islander's could make it as well.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the frags n such..

Big thanks to Andrew for hosting.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Burgers n food was great.

See ya again soon.

Oh and I thing Marc still has some skimmers for anyone interested.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

lol

[ 17 September 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

SuperFudge
09-16-2001, 09:42 PM
It was awesome! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanx to you Andrew and (forgot your wifes name?)for hosting.....i had a great time.

Good to put some faces to the names(even if it was your nick) images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Im ready for another!

Are you sure you dont need another skimmer Darren ? images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

It was good to meet you all,Marc.

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

DJ88
09-16-2001, 10:00 PM
Marc,

Actually you know that I don't have one for the tank I am setting up.. one of those things might work on say 40 gallons total.. hmm.

how much?

SuperFudge
09-16-2001, 10:13 PM
Well,considering theyre not actually worth currency......

How bout a couple of bags of aragonite or a used magdrive2 pump if you have one kickin around for a trade Darren?

Let me know how all your frags are doing guys,they got pretty beat up on the journey so i will replace them if they dont do well for you.

Marc.

cvrle1
09-16-2001, 10:16 PM
Hey all

Sorry I missed you all today but I felt really tired and sick (Late night and waking up eary for work did not help either)

I had to attend my aquarium. I had a little flood 2 days ago because my skimmer was skimming water into the collection cup like crazy and it was spilling and spilling untill I saw it. I lost about 10 gallons of water. Luckily I had 5 so I mixed it up and poured it in. Today I finished with cleanup of MASSIVE algae growth all over the glass and adding more water. Happy to say everything is alive!!

I will be there for the next meeting for sure though 'cause I really wanted to make it today.

L8R

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: cvrle1 ]

SuperFudge
09-16-2001, 10:28 PM
CVRLE1,

Sorry to have missed ya,but i think there will be one again in a month or so.

Jamie and Chris...where`d you guys go?
I still wanted to trade ya for a piece of pocillipora! images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Marc.

DJ88
09-16-2001, 10:46 PM
Well if they aren't worth currency.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

lol

I may be able to get a Mag 2.. Setting up a reactor?

christyf5
09-16-2001, 10:56 PM
Hey guys! Today was soo cool. Thanks to Andrew for hosting and all the yummy food. I got so much info from you guys it was awesome. Thanks again Darren for the leather and the colt. I can't wait for the next meeting. Maybe I'll have gotten rid of my hair algae problem enough bring pics and not be embarassed about the state of my tank images/smiles/icon_razz.gif Haha!!
Gotta go play with my tank now. I just got home

Later
Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

reefburnaby
09-17-2001, 01:41 AM
Hello All,

Thanks Andrew for hosting the first group meeting. Your tanks look awesome.

It was great meeting everybody and attaching a face/voice to some of the people on the board.

Thanks to Darren and Christy for the corals.

Hope to see more people in the next meeting...

- Victor.

[ 17 September 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

farmerjo90
09-17-2001, 10:45 AM
Thanks Andrew for opening your home to us. It was great to meet everyone. Food and company were fabulous. Hope it happens again next month.
shirley and ron images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

canadawest
09-17-2001, 11:07 AM
Everyone is very welcome for the hosting and BBQ, it was my pleasure. I would like to thank everyone who came, as it was the people that attended that made it as sucessful as it was.

As mentioned, it was great to meet most of you and put a face to the nick. Thanks for the leftovers as well, I've got muffins and salads and chips for breakfast/lunch for the next couple days! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And anyone who brings Guinness to my house, is a welcome guest.

Couple items to mention:

Someone left a light purple fleece jacket behind. And Christy, we have your tupperware container. (I think there was only the one container left behind, but if anyone else left one let me know) Both items will be held against thier will until a proper ransom can be determined.

Back to reef business. Shao, I'll send you an email this week to see when you'll have some more Caulerpa. And Darren I'll contact you to see when your Colt and Leathers are ready for a new home. Scott, I'll email you as well for some Green Star Polyps and some Mushrooms.

For the people that couldn't attend, sorry we didn't get to meet you, but looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting. Thanks again to everyone for making the first meeting a success.

PS... Marc, my wife's name is Jackie. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Acro
09-17-2001, 05:54 PM
well it sounds like everyone enjoyed them selfs sorry I didn't attend as it was perhaps one of the last warm weekends of the year and the boat was begging me to get it wet but it sounds like the reef hobby is not going away in the lowermainland so I hope to attend the next meeting later Jamie oh yeah mark did you still have any purple monti frags left? later Jamie

Troy F
09-17-2001, 06:12 PM
Posted by Canadawest <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quoteAs mentioned, it was great to meetmost of you and put a face to the nick.

Just curious which of us it wasn't great to meet. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jamie, do you still feel up to hosting a meeting?

canadawest
09-18-2001, 12:05 AM
I knew after reading the post over that someone would pick that out! images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I meant it was nice to meet most of the people from this board!

Of course it was obvious at the BBQ that I'm a complete a$$hole, so of course I wouldn't get along with some of you. images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad someone pointed it out so I could set everyone straight.

PS.. Remind me to kick you in the nuts next time I see you Troy. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ruck'n'reefer
09-18-2001, 12:17 AM
AHHHHHHHH! Too funny!!

Nice meeting y'all Thanx to all who showed up! As well as Andrew Jackie for hosting.
I can't wait for the next one!
Hey Andrew ... wait till the next meeting to kick Troy in the nuts. Might make for good entertainment. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Acro
09-18-2001, 05:41 PM
troy yeah I would be up to hosting a meeting not sure if I could do as good a job as it sounds andrew has done but yeah any and every one is more then welcome to come over and check out my tank was there any plans for the next meeting like dates? later Jamie

ruck'n'reefer
09-18-2001, 07:44 PM
how about tomorrow? images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Troy F
09-18-2001, 07:53 PM
Andrew, I won't remind you but if you remember I hope you have small feet.

Jamie, we didn't really set a date or anything but sometime in the middle of next month would be great. Why don't you just set a date and we'll be there.

Tigger
09-18-2001, 09:49 PM
Thank you Andrew for inviting me to the meeting. I had a great time and I learned a lot. I also want to thank everyone for their great advice regarding my tank. I'm sure my tank will be back to normal soon.

Shao - Thank you for the Caulerpa.

Marc - Can I get some of your blue hermit crabs from you on Saturday? E-mail me with your address.

Steve