PDA

View Full Version : blonde naso wont eat!

marvinsae
04-29-2010, 02:28 AM
i've tried feeding it frozen food, omega one green seaweed, and fish flakes and he wont eat anything. wut else can i try? when i added him in my powder blue kept harassing it. could that be the reason? would i have to get rid of one... i've asked around at a few lfs they said they would get along fine...

PEA
04-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Try "brown algae", my Naso wouldn't eat anything when I first got him either. Only thing was the brown algae in a clip.

marvinsae
04-30-2010, 07:11 AM
i thought maybe its just trying to settle in? the powder blue isn't really bugging him that much anymore. but i will try the brown algae. what else would i feed it?

fsjman
04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I have fussy Tangs to Sail fin don't eat with the rest . I buy all types of green veggies, and Raw fish from the grocery store and hang it from the clip and stand back they all eat when they think I'm not watching :cry:
Try zuchinni never thought fish would like it the went savage on it

untamed
05-02-2010, 05:05 AM
Mine really love those formula 1 and 2 pellets. (and Nori, of course)

naesco
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
i've tried feeding it frozen food, omega one green seaweed, and fish flakes and he wont eat anything. wut else can i try? when i added him in my powder blue kept harassing it. could that be the reason? would i have to get rid of one... i've asked around at a few lfs they said they would get along fine...

What is the size of your tank? What is the size of the blonde naso?

Marvin if your tank just finished it cycle in April you are adding too many fish too soon. You are heading for problems.
Also the powder blue is a bad choice for tangs as they are prone to just doing well for a while, getting sick and dying and ofter tanking the rest of your fish with it.
If you can return the blond naso and powder blue do so.
Sometimes soaking the brown algae (its normal food) in garlic helps the fish as garlic exctract (Garlic Extreme) acts as an appetite enhancer and helps ward off ich which if problematic with tangs.