PDA

View Full Version : Lemon spot plecos fs - Freshwater

ElGuappo
04-29-2010, 01:09 AM
i have about 20 baby bristle nose plecos for sale. they are a small species suitable for a planted tank. they are not quite ready for sale yet but will be in about 3 weeks. taking orders now if there are interested parties.

$15. each. or $10 each if 2 or more are taken.

this is my first batch attempt at rearing the fry. all in all i am quite happy with the amount of survivors.

ElGuappo
05-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Bump i have about a dozen ready to go....

Bugsy
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
If you lived closer I would love to have a pair of these.

I am trying to find the L144 around here which is not easy I have one but would like to have a few more for a display tank of them.

Dan_G_Calgary
07-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Pm'ed you on your other thread, then saw this one! haha!

blacknife
07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
are the bristle nose or lemon spot? having trouble finding a pic of a lemonspot bristlenose heh.

i really need to make a trip to calgary soon there are all kinds of things i need to pick up, The gf wanted an albino bristlenose from the LFS the other day but did not notice till i got there they wanted to rape 70$ for it

ElGuappo
07-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I have albinos aswell. these are a type of bristle nose pleco.. they just have yellow spots on the brown body...

Have all sizes from 2" and under ready to go...

ElGuappo
07-18-2010, 07:44 PM
are the bristle nose or lemon spot? having trouble finding a pic of a lemonspot bristlenose heh.

i really need to make a trip to calgary soon there are all kinds of things i need to pick up, The gf wanted an albino bristlenose from the LFS the other day but did not notice till i got there they wanted to rape 70$ for it

Its a little fuzzy but you get the idea

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq145/ElGuappo78/LemonSpotBristlenosePlecoFemale1.jpg

ElGuappo
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
i have so many of these right now i will give them away if you come get them...

Chaloupa
09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
How many do you have? Consider shipping by Greyhound to me?

Delphinus
09-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Can these coexist in a tank with other plecos? My FW tank already has a portly female bristlenose and a ... um .. vampire pleco or some such.

Do they do anything about filamentous algae? I'm guessing not but asking anyhow under the "slim hopes" clause. I have a wicked problem with that in my FW tank at the moment. I'm actually considering a tank reset with the tank (I'll keep the fish but considering junking my substrate, plants and driftwood and starting over).

ElGuappo
09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
i have never seen them eat filimentious algae but then again i dont have any.. so maybe they do... as far as co exshisting goes i would expect so... they are 6 inches fully grown adn have never shown aggression to any other fish...

i have mad flow in my tanks tho.. .my 45 has a k3 in it and my breeding tank has a k nano with hob filter..

ElGuappo
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
How many do you have? Consider shipping by Greyhound to me?

i have about 30... i have never shipped before and not sure i am set up for it...

Dan_G_Calgary
09-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Can these coexist in a tank with other plecos? My FW tank already has a portly female bristlenose and a ... um .. vampire pleco or some such.

Do they do anything about filamentous algae? I'm guessing not but asking anyhow under the "slim hopes" clause. I have a wicked problem with that in my FW tank at the moment. I'm actually considering a tank reset with the tank (I'll keep the fish but considering junking my substrate, plants and driftwood and starting over).

I think american flag fish eat hair algae. I've never heard of anything else eating it.

Chaloupa
09-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Foxy Lady/TRUE Siamensis Algae Eater/SAE eat hair algae or string algae in my experience! I've seen them clean it right up!

jomhar637
09-18-2010, 05:36 PM
You still got some? Im interested on getting some. Let me know. Thanks.

ElGuappo
09-19-2010, 06:47 AM
well i should be around most of sunday.. pm me if interested in coming by to pick some up and i will give you my addy..

ElGuappo
01-13-2012, 06:21 AM
i always have some on hand nowadays.

Nano
01-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I'd take some but your a little far, plus I already have 3 bristle nose and 2 synodontis multipunctatus! I think i'm good on cats:lol:

ElGuappo
01-13-2012, 06:31 AM
well thats still about 150 less than me.:wink: i seel to a shop but i figured i would ask here as i sell for 30% of the shops retail