PDA

View Full Version : Tiny White dots

Jackie
04-29-2010, 12:41 AM
My racoon butterflyfish and Singapore angle have some very tiny White dots on their bodys. 99% of those dots disappear in the morning and become noticable at night again. Both seem to be very health and happy. This has been like this for a few days. Should I worry about it? Thanks

TheKid
04-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Unds like ich, treat with selcon, or garlic

Flash
04-29-2010, 01:15 AM
yup likely ich!! start treating now!! if you have corals be careful what you put in your tank!

bvlester
04-29-2010, 01:34 AM
could be flukes they can draw their body up under the scales so a person may not think to much of it. ICK dose not disappear when the light is on shrimp and wrasses may pick it off. dip in fresh water in any case. and QT with prazi pro if you can see anything floating on the tub you used for dip. The fresh water dip has to be for more than 3 minutes other wise it is a wast of your time. If the fish seems to be really stressed in the dip then put him in the QT. Freshwater dip tub should be at the same temp as the tank and the Ph has to be the same. Put a air stone in the fresh water before you start dip remove it before you place the fish in and if the dip is going to be longer than 3-5 Min's put a air stone in with the fish after he has adjusted to the dip this is less stressful. IMO.

The only other parasite I have seem do this disappearing act is Brook. You would need to rule out fluke anyways so fresh water dip. treatment for brook is formalin and you have to do this now if you think it is brook as it can kill as little as 24 hrs to 48 hrs from first visual signs. I always feed my fish with selcon and garlic they love it and it helps them.

Bill

cordeiro
04-29-2010, 05:40 AM
i was told copper, but its hard on the fish... i have it right now and its driving me nuts.. i found some stuff and they said it would be the ez way to get rid of ich, its called Ich Attack.... 100% organic and will not hurt any corals, theres a web site on the bottle, www.novalek.com (http://www.novalek.com)

Fishgirl
04-29-2010, 04:45 PM
I used this stuff called Cupermine (MAKE SURE TO USE THIS IN A QT TANK) as this is a cooper base product, I had a MAJOR ich issues, and this is what I did and it worked and saved ALL my fish but one as I didn't catch the problem in time.

Raised my tank temp slowly to 84 degrees.
Slowly dropped my salinity level to 1.019-1.020
put an airstone in my tank, a powerhead and had my aqua clear run (WITH NOTHNG IN IT>) all just for water circulation.
I than soaked my nori, pellets, and frozin mysis shrimp in garlic for 5-10mins (EVERYDAY EVERY FEEDING) I feed 2x a day.
THEN I treated the tank with cupermine ( don't fallow the directions on the bottle is what I was told by Denis at Golds) treat everyday the full dose.
SO I did 3days full dose everyday, same hours appart. THEN on the 3third day before I did another dose I did a 75% waterchange. Then I treated for 2 more days. I then did another waterchange only about 30% this time. Put TONS of carbon in my aqua clear 500. slowly raised my salinity back up to 1.025-1.026 and lowered my temp back down gradually to 80 degrees.
This took care of my ich it was gone and I only lost 1 fish out of 8 in the whole mess I had going on.

This may not be what others would suggest but it is what finally worked in the end for me I am sure many of the great ppl on here will give you great advice as I see some already have, all I can say with my experience is when you notice something wrong or not so normal get on it right away never wait cause usually if you wait its to late and you could potentially lose all or most of your fish. Good luck.

BlueWorldAquatic
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
i was told copper, but its hard on the fish... i have it right now and its driving me nuts.. i found some stuff and they said it would be the ez way to get rid of ich, its called Ich Attack.... 100% organic and will not hurt any corals, theres a web site on the bottle, www.novalek.com (http://www.novalek.com)

Do not add copper to your display tank.

If it is flukes, or ich, try a fresh water dip for about 10mins first. You'll be suprised on the results.

Ken - BWA

bvlester
04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
You really should not use copper with angle fish or Tangs as it kills the bacteria in their stomachs and in general they don't make it for long after. I don't know why I read it in a article a couple months back. If it is ICK fresh water bath and feed selcon and garlic soaked food the ICK should go away. If flukes copper will not affect them much use prazi pro this will kill the flukes. One treatment in QT will get rid of them on the fish you will have to treat you DT with prazi pro, the only thing it seems to affect is Nems but they bounce back; all they seem to do in shrink up a bit. I have treated my DT for flukes once One of the first fish I got had them and they showed up about 5 days after introducing the fish into the tank. If treating the DT do the 7 day treatment. Hyper salinity treatment for ICK you have to drop salinity to 1.009 - 1.012 and can be as high as 1.015 but anything higher is kind of a wast of time as it is not a low enough salinity to kill the parasite. Also read articles on many different natural treatments for parasite eradication. Kent make a product that is suppose to be able to get rid of ICK and not Harm the reef tank it's called Rx.P or some thing like that. I have never used it, a friend has and says it works you some times have to do a second dose.

Bill

naesco
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Ich will also do a disappearing act in early stages.
Soak your food in garlic extract or Garlic Extreme.
Remember to feed only garlic soaked food and feed very often. The idea is to get as much garlic in the fish as possible. Use dry foods as it absorbs more than moist foods.
Adding Selcon is a great idea as well.