PDA

View Full Version : Pods Wanted

Madreefer
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Anyone in P.G. have any pods that they are able to part with. I need to replenish my seahorse/refugium tank with them. Got a potters wrasse a while back and i think he's eating my mandarin out of his pod supply. He's getting skinny and always been fat.

whatcaneyedo
04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Mini brittle stars I can catch and collect easily. Pods are too difficult. Allan has been hatching his own brine shrimp so you could possibly get some of those from him.

Madreefer
04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Mini brittle stars I can catch and collect easily. Pods are too difficult. Allan has been hatching his own brine shrimp so you could possibly get some of those from him.

Yeah I know about the brittle stars, the little buggers collect on everything including my float valve for my ATO. I'll call Alan for the brine shrimp. I guess they'll do until I can order some tigger pods. Can't even get brine eggs in town anymore. Is there any nutrition in them at all? I did have 2 refugiums but took one off line due to a leak.

whatcaneyedo
04-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Newly hatched baby brine shrimp are regarded by most people as being suitable temporary food for saltwater fish. They're not a long term solution but until you can get your pod population back up they should do the trick.

s.tan
04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Have you tried frozen bloodworms? My mandarin likes to slurp up these when he's not huntng pods. :smile: